Series x ventilation issues

Discus and support Series x ventilation issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My new Xbox series x started today shutting down and telling me about ventilation issues. Just got it last week and it has run fine until today.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by olbster, Jan 3, 2023.

  1. olbster
    olbster Guest

    Series x ventilation issues


    My new Xbox series x started today shutting down and telling me about ventilation issues. Just got it last week and it has run fine until today.

    :)
     
    olbster, Jan 3, 2023
    #1
  2. Ronnieee Win User

    Series x ventilation issues

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your console problem.

    You may follow this guide for steps to try and resolve the issue:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

    If the problem persist, this could already be a hard ware issue and needs a service.

    You may register and process a service for the Xbox on this link:

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  3. Eric Laberge1 Win User

    Wy the display in ok on my series x but not the gameplay ?

    I removed my account, restart my series x and re-add my account and it doesn't work. My console is well-ventilated.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    can the xbox series x be laid horizontal or must it be vertical

    The key though is it has to have plenty of ventilation on both sides and NOT on carpet

    I use a glass shelf personally amd my series x laying horizontal
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

    Xbox siries X

    Hi EnricoSever

    What game are you playing?

    Is the console well ventilated?

    Make sure that you place your Xbox Series X|S console on a stable surface that is well-ventilated, relatively cool, and away from direct heat sources. Don't put other objects on, under, or right next to the console.

    Proper ventilation is important to prevent overheating. Be sure that your console has a minimum of 4-6 inches of clearance on all sides. Do not place your console inside an enclosed cabinet. Make sure that none of the console’s vents are blocked.

    Select Learn more for more info about Xbox Series X|S ventilation requirements and positioning.

    Learn more
  6. RainingRoses Win User

    Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon on xbox series x when i wanna turn it off?

    Hi Sina,

    In addition to Nathan’s answers above, you may want to enable the shutdown option (energy saving) power mode if you’re concerned about the energy consumption and the amount of time your console takes to power off. Refer to:

    About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

    It’s honestly nothing to worry about as long as your console is positioned correctly and well ventilated, though. The power cable should ideally be connected directly to the wall outlet with no extension cables in the setup if possible :)

    How to position and ventilate your Xbox console | Xbox Support

    Also, as you have a Series X, I’d recommend reading through the official Xbox Series X|S FAQ

    Hope this helps.
Thema:

Series x ventilation issues

Loading...
  1. Series x ventilation issues - Similar Threads - Series ventilation issues

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. My Xbox series X shuts down due to under ventilation issues.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series X shuts down due to under ventilation issues.: I've been playing Minecraft in my Xbox series X (no disc drive) with a few friends and has a lot of mods; and for some reason it shuts down, saying something like "this Xbox is designed to shut...
  8. Why is my Xbox series s overheating so fast when I have good ventilation and it's in a cold...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox series s overheating so fast when I have good ventilation and it's in a cold...: My partially new xbox series s keeps displaying overheating messages everytime I turn it on and within 10 min it shutdown automatically. My xbox series s never had that problem before it started...
  9. My series x has been dented on the ventilation can it be fixed

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x has been dented on the ventilation can it be fixed: I hit my xbox series and now the vent.ports are dented can this be fixed so It doesn't keep shutting off when I pick a game to play 7ada7b5e-4ce0-40aa-871a-9a3819d8082c
  10. I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally left a cd case over the Xbox series x ventilation: So I accidentally left a cd case on the Xbox series x that I got a week ago and i didn’t notice and I started playing for honor for maybe almost an hour until I noticed.I got scared and I took the...