Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

Discus and support Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of recently i noticed a very subtle quick scratch/grind noise from the disc drive and not sure if i should worry. The console still properly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TamerElmadawi, Apr 11, 2022.

  1. Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive


    As of recently i noticed a very subtle quick scratch/grind noise from the disc drive and not sure if i should worry. The console still properly loads/installs/ejects discs properly ofcourse and the noise is only when i insert a disc and the drive catches it. I do switch out disc games a lot as i mainly play physical copies so not sure if Its just normal wear from the drive.

    :)
     
    TamerElmadawi, Apr 11, 2022
    #1
  2. TamerElmadawi Win User

    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

    Also its actually a buzzing sound, but like i said its only when the disc is halfway in and the drive pulls the rest of it in.
  3. ImAice Win User

    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

    Oh, if that's the case, it's the disc that is causing that.
  4. TamerElmadawi Win User

    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

    Hmm strange but the buzzing noise went away, it was doing it with farcry6 but with 2 different games it never happend.
  5. TamerElmadawi Win User

    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

    Will do, what i just did was insert/eject and disc 5 times in a row to test it out and see how loud it was, i’ll be sure to monitor is but thankfully it still functions properly
  6. TamerElmadawi Win User

    Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

    Thanks for the reply, see it’s not that loud and its only when the drive pulls the disc in for a brief moment so seems like i should be fine
Thema:

Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive

Loading...
  1. Series X - subtle grind/scratch noise from disc drive - Similar Threads - Series subtle grind

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...