Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen

Discus and support Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just curious if this is happening for anyone else. I go to the free up space section. It has two sections, orphaned DLC that’s been identified, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Derrick Cole, Dec 17, 2020.

  1. Derrick Cole
    Derrick Cole Guest

    Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen


    Just curious if this is happening for anyone else.

    I go to the free up space section.

    It has two sections, orphaned DLC that’s been identified, and then it looks for “shrinkable games”.

    I was able to delete some DLC just fine. I then wait for the Xbox to finish searching for shrinkable games. Once I press down to go from DLC to the shrinkable games list on the left pane it fades (quickly)
    to a black screen.

    It will also immediately go to a black screen if I am already on the shrinkable games menu on the left pane when the list finally loads.

    It’s not a crash as I can press the Xbox button on the controller to go to the Home Screen.

    :)
     
    Derrick Cole, Dec 17, 2020
    #1
  2. KurtisMiddleton Win User

    Starfield on my Xbox Series keeps crashing.

    Same here.

    Series X. I can't even get into the game. As soon as I try and launch a new game from the title screen I get a black screen and the loading icon freezes. So frustrating.
  3. ngocphi Win User

    Transfer issue

    Yes if it's a disk copy you must use the full series x or the disk galaxy black series x not the digital only one

    You must patch the games on series x (update for.bc
  4. WilliamTam2 Win User

    Downloading 360 games on series x

    The game is Ninja Gaiden Black

    It's compilable to series s/x
  5. Mangiasassi Win User

    Series x black screen

    Just turned on my series x and black screen of nothing!

    Was working earlier and updating games.
    What kind of Tv did you have?

    If it's a brand new tv capable of 120hz of refresh rate you have to make some changes on your tv.

    try to go to settings and try by esclusion, set Vrr of and try, 120hz of ecc. (set of 4 2 2 and leave 10bit colour)

    It's a quite known issue, hope MS will fix it asap.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

    shrinkable games

    Hi ChopDaLyricolig,

    Thanks for asking a great question here on the forums. As our Ambassadors have outlined, it is essentially a way to make a bit more storage on your console by removing old add-ons and "shrinking" the space taken up by currently installed (and mainly
    unused) games. If you happen to have an external hard drive, you can also manage the storage on it in this manner as well.

    Here's a great support article about how to enable that: Xbox One system settings.

    Since there is no further information to add and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question
    or thread as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

    Happy gaming and thanks again for coming to the forums.
Thema:

Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen

Loading...
  1. Series X - Shrinkable Games Black Screen - Similar Threads - Series Shrinkable Games

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x shrinkable games