Series X screwup

Discus and support Series X screwup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good morning Xbox community, Coming to you with a question regarding the Series X . Recently I left a t-shirt on the top of my Series X to prevent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dm422, Nov 29, 2022.

  1. dm422
    dm422 Guest

    Series X screwup


    Good morning Xbox community,

    Coming to you with a question regarding the Series X . Recently I left a t-shirt on the top of my Series X to prevent things , small toys , small amounts of liquid , etc from going into the machine through the top vent. What I didn't realize is that the system was in an active shutoff /sleep mode , and the fan was spinning. It got kind of hot in the machine, but I realized this , let the machine air out and changed the shut down setting to the power saving mode which actually shuts the Xbox completely down.

    My question is this: Will my error damage to the console? What are the odds that it has damaged the console? What are the tolerances of the Series X hardware?

    Thanks for your time.

    :)
     
    dm422, Nov 29, 2022
    #1
  2. dm422 Win User

    Series X screwup

    Unfortunately I kept this cover on it for a few days but I realized my error and removed it. I've played the Xbox a few times and it doesn't seem that there are problems or anything so I'm hoping nothing will come of it. Thanks for your time!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Series X screwup

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today DM422

    Never put something on the top of the console, no matter the power mode selected.
    If you did this only one time, I think that your console should be fine

    But if you do that in a daily basis, that definitely can cause problems in the future

    In case you need to know how to ventilate properly your console please check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/help/hardware-ne....
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Series X screwup

    Hi DM422

    In this case let’s wait for the best!

    I hope your console has a long life and this inconvenience has not affected it!
  5. Mayhem64 Win User

    are there any days that give more exp while playing?

    Yeah, from what I recall, bar the slight screwup with Horde pack, there's only been one weekend of increased XP.
  6. Lenny Nelson Win User

    Free with Gold; Rayman 3 HD $9.99?

    Its is FREE if you get it from Xbox Live on your Xbox 360, but it Won't D/L for free on the Xbox One.

    It has to be a Microsoft Screwup!
Thema:

Series X screwup

Loading...
  1. Series X screwup - Similar Threads - Series screwup

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...