Series X screwup

Discus and support Series X screwup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good morning Xbox community, Coming to you with a question regarding the Series X . Recently I left a t-shirt on the top of my Series X to prevent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dm422, Nov 29, 2022.

1. dm422
    dm422 Guest

Series X screwup

Good morning Xbox community,

Coming to you with a question regarding the Series X . Recently I left a t-shirt on the top of my Series X to prevent things , small toys , small amounts of liquid , etc from going into the machine through the top vent. What I didn't realize is that the system was in an active shutoff /sleep mode , and the fan was spinning. It got kind of hot in the machine, but I realized this , let the machine air out and changed the shut down setting to the power saving mode which actually shuts the Xbox completely down.

My question is this: Will my error damage to the console? What are the odds that it has damaged the console? What are the tolerances of the Series X hardware?

Thanks for your time.

:)

dm422, Nov 29, 2022
  2. dm422 Win User

Series X screwup

Unfortunately I kept this cover on it for a few days but I realized my error and removed it. I've played the Xbox a few times and it doesn't seem that there are problems or anything so I'm hoping nothing will come of it. Thanks for your time!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Series X screwup

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today DM422

Never put something on the top of the console, no matter the power mode selected.
    If you did this only one time, I think that your console should be fine

But if you do that in a daily basis, that definitely can cause problems in the future

In case you need to know how to ventilate properly your console please check this article
    https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/help/hardware-ne....
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Series X screwup

Hi DM422

In this case let’s wait for the best!

I hope your console has a long life and this inconvenience has not affected it!
  5. Mayhem64 Win User

are there any days that give more exp while playing?

Yeah, from what I recall, bar the slight screwup with Horde pack, there's only been one weekend of increased XP.
  6. Lenny Nelson Win User

Free with Gold; Rayman 3 HD $9.99?

Its is FREE if you get it from Xbox Live on your Xbox 360, but it Won't D/L for free on the Xbox One.

It has to be a Microsoft Screwup!
Thema:

Series X screwup

1. Series X screwup - Similar Threads - Series screwup

2. Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X Unable to record gameplay since April 13 update: I regularly record my gameplay for Youtube purposes, but since the weekend of April 13th i am no longer able to record gameplay. I can record 1 or 2x but after that the recording will instantly...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Recording End Error - Unfinished Video Clip: Hi, I record many clips through my Xbox Series X (1080p) using external usb 3.0 hard disk. After recording many videos it started recording but not completing the file. This is happening every 3-4...
  5. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. Xbox series S usb ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S usb ports: will the USB ports on an xbox s charge and after market controller charger? - Thanks b862a6af-26d0-4991-a64d-cb80420b758a
  8. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  9. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  10. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...