Series X/S exapndable storage questions

Discus and support Series X/S exapndable storage questions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X. I recently was able to get a hold of an Xbox Series S (digital only). All works good. Since it only has 500GB of internal storage... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mfranch87, Nov 22, 2021.

  1. mfranch87
    mfranch87 Guest

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions


    I have an Xbox One X. I recently was able to get a hold of an Xbox Series S (digital only). All works good. Since it only has 500GB of internal storage for games & I have game pass, I was looking to expand its storage.

    I had a few questions though:

    1. From my understanding, the Series X/S can't run X/S specific games from an external USB 3.0 drive like the One X can, correct?
    2. If I connect a USB 3.0 to my Series S, I will only be able to run older Xbox One game and/or store regular data on it?
    3. If I want to expand the Series S storage for X/S specific games, I need to get a SSD based drive that will run off its special storage expansion slot in the back, right?
    4. I believe Seagate makes a special X/S gamer drive. Does anybody else (WD, Hitachi, etc.)?
    Thanks

    :)
     
    mfranch87, Nov 22, 2021
    #1
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions

    One other question I thought of later. Is it possible to download & just store X/S games to a USB 3.0 drive, but then when ready, transfer them to the Series S internal drive for playing.
    Hi,

    Yes, you can move Series X|S games to a USB drive for storage and then move them back to play.
  3. mfranch87 Win User

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions

    Thanks for the reply & helps answer my questions. One other question I thought of later. Is it possible to download & just store X/S games to a USB 3.0 drive, but then when ready, transfer them to the Series S internal drive for playing. I realize I would then have to manage the Series S storage as needed & transfer files between drives.

    I am with Xfinity ISP and have a monthly download bandwidth limit so was trying to figure out a way to minimize constantly downloading certain games that are rather large.
  4. Georges C. Win User

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello let`s go.

    1. It`s This correct, only a few games can run on an external external USB 3.0 drive hard drive.

    2. Yes, you'll be able to run Xbox One games, and also if you want you can only place it as a medium for your captures or movies.

    3.Yes

    4. For now, only Seagate does the expansion drive for Series S and X, we hope that in the future Microsoft will announce the possibility that other manufacturers can do so.
  5. Georges C. Win User

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions

    Hello again, yes it is possible to do this you can leave them saved on your external HD and only transfer when playing.
  6. ngocphi Win User

    Series X/S exapndable storage questions

    There are more storage options 512 gig to 2tb also ms is looking for more partners whenever they reach a deal is upto them

    MS.isn't in the best position sony has their own brand also
Thema:

Series X/S exapndable storage questions

Loading...
  1. Series X/S exapndable storage questions - Similar Threads - Series exapndable storage

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...