Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

Discus and support Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KevinTichenor, May 31, 2023.

1. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when I unplug it, even after "charging" overnight, the battery only shows half a charge, or sometimes even less. Of course it's not under warranty anymore, but I remember this being a problem with my One X also.

Do the Xbox Charge & Play kits just not ever work? Before I buy a new controller, how do I know if it's my controller that's malfunctioning or just the rechargeable battery that's in there? I don't know what I need to buy.

:)

KevinTichenor, May 31, 2023
  2. KevinTichenor Win User

Yes, this is the official Microsoft Play & Charge battery. It’s not under warranty anymore, but I’m trying to figure out if the problem is my controller, or the Play & Charge battery.

I don’t want to buy a new Play & Charge battery + cable if the problem is the controller, because the problem would just continue.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Is the battery official from Microsoft? If so, it has a 90-day guarantee after purchase, within this period it is possible to request a replacement, after this period, unfortunately Microsoft no longer receives the product.
  4. DavidInostroza  Win User

Xbox controller

No,It’s a normal Xbox series x controller,I charge the Xbox recharge battery with the Xbox charger
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

I've also sent the issue to Activision Support,

if i plug into usb and i have rechargeable batteries in the controller, will the batteries charge ?
    I don't think that will work? unless it's a Series S/X play and charge kit,

If using something like Energizer rechargeable AA batteries you'll need to use the dedicated chargers for those batteries, an Xbox controller doesn't have the means to charge them.
Thema:

1. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge - Similar Threads - Series Rechargeable Controller

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  5. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  6. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  7. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  8. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  9. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  10. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging: Hi, I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly. However, the last weeks when I try to charge my...