Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

Discus and support Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KevinTichenor, May 31, 2023.

  1. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge


    It used to work fine, and when I plug my rechargeable controller into the Xbox it shows the "charging" animation when I click the Xbox button. But when I unplug it, even after "charging" overnight, the battery only shows half a charge, or sometimes even less. Of course it's not under warranty anymore, but I remember this being a problem with my One X also.

    Do the Xbox Charge & Play kits just not ever work? Before I buy a new controller, how do I know if it's my controller that's malfunctioning or just the rechargeable battery that's in there? I don't know what I need to buy.

    :)
     
    KevinTichenor, May 31, 2023
    #1
  2. KevinTichenor Win User

    Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

    Yes, this is the official Microsoft Play & Charge battery. It’s not under warranty anymore, but I’m trying to figure out if the problem is my controller, or the Play & Charge battery.

    I don’t want to buy a new Play & Charge battery + cable if the problem is the controller, because the problem would just continue.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

    Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

    Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

    Good evening

    Is the battery official from Microsoft? If so, it has a 90-day guarantee after purchase, within this period it is possible to request a replacement, after this period, unfortunately Microsoft no longer receives the product.
  4. DavidInostroza  Win User

    Xbox controller

    No,It’s a normal Xbox series x controller,I charge the Xbox recharge battery with the Xbox charger
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

    Will the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit be compatible with the Xbox Series X?

    Xbox One accessories and peripherals will be compatible with Xbox Series X. As to whether the rechargeable battery packs are compatible with an Xbox Series X controller, that has not yet been revealed at this time, to my knowledge. However, the new controller
    will use USB-C for its charging port instead of the Play & Charge Kit's Micro-USB plug.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    Vanguard Controller issue ...

    I've also sent the issue to Activision Support,

    if i plug into usb and i have rechargeable batteries in the controller, will the batteries charge ?
    I don't think that will work? unless it's a Series S/X play and charge kit,

    If using something like Energizer rechargeable AA batteries you'll need to use the dedicated chargers for those batteries, an Xbox controller doesn't have the means to charge them.
Thema:

Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge

Loading...
  1. Series X Rechargeable Controller Not Holding a Charge - Similar Threads - Series Rechargeable Controller

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. Series X Rechargable Battery Issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Series X Rechargable Battery Issue: Hello, I've had my xbox for around 4 months now and I bought a rechargeable battery pack initially with it. Now my controller won't charge past a certain point, around 20%, or at least that's what...
  10. Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller with rechargeable battery not charging: Hi, I have bought a Microsoft rechargeable battery for my Xbox series x controller one year ago and until now it has been working perfectly. However, the last weeks when I try to charge my...