Series X: REALLY 4K?

Discus and support Series X: REALLY 4K? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a Series X to get 4K gaming. However, I feel Microsoft has been using deception and the so-called 'beast of machine', is really not that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by steven taylor2, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Series X: REALLY 4K?

I bought a Series X to get 4K gaming. However, I feel Microsoft has been using deception and the so-called 'beast of machine', is really not that powerful as they claim. If you select smooth frame rate (60fps) you only get 1440p and maybe 1600p at times. Yet Microsoft claims it can handle up to 8K, 60FPS! If it can, than a full native 4K at 60FPS should be a walk in the park. But we're not getting that! So why don't Microsoft advertise Series X as a 1440p machine instead? Since that's what we're really getting? Instead of lying and telling people it can handle full 4K at 60FPS, when it clearly can't.

Even if some games do output in full 4K, it's ONLY when in quality mode with a lousy 30FPS. So even then Microsoft is lying. They claim the Series X can handle 4K at 60FPS. So, what I want to know is this. Can the Series X actually handle 4K, 60FPS simultaniously? And if so, why have we not seen it? Do we have to wait another 10yrs to get system that does both simultaniously?

:)

steven taylor2, Dec 4, 2022
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

The upcoming X-Box Series X

Yes, I currently own an X Box One X

When does the new X Box series X release this year?

Will it have blue-ray?

I have a 65 inch, 4K television.

Will I see a difference in graphics with the new X Box on my 4K?
    Xbox Series X will release Holiday 2020, given Xbox's track record of releasing new consoles, they've usually been around November.

It will have Blu-Ray.

With the Xbox One X, it uses checkerboarding to get 4K resolution, though it's not true 4K, it's what allows the One X to get to 4K,

With the Xbox Series X, it will use true native 4K, you may see that the Series X will look a little better at 4K than the One X at 4K.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

1440p 120 Hz but 4k 60hz if you really want 4k

Keep in mind games will drop your resolution if it's too high for their settings

You need series x and hdmi 2.1 for 4k 120hz

It's important to leave vvr on
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Does Xbox Series X Always Run At UHD? Microsoft Reps, Devs Please Help.

Hi,

It always runs at 4K or near 4K and is then downsampled to whatever your display is capable of.

I can only assume your using better graphics settings than what the Series X default settings are. The Game is highly customisable on PC.

Can't really compare it on my PC to my Series X as as my gaming rig has an RTX 2080.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Can i unshrink ganes on xbox series s

Yes but as mentioned you will have issues

It upscales not native

Only the xbox one x and series x are 4k native

https://www.tomsguide.com/face-off/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s

The reason why smart delivery compresses files because of the CPU and GPU power and storage limitations

https://www.xbox.com/en-CA/consoles/compare

True 4k vs 1440p

Most.games will.only run 1080p max on series s

It will do less CPU intensive stuff like 4k streaming

Series x does 4k 60hx with possible 120hz (dropped fps )

Xbox one x does only 4k 30hz
  6. MQYK Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

I wouldn't consider anything that does not offer 4k @ 60fps (Or 4k ((Upscaled) @ 120fps) to even be next/current-gen. We've been living in a 30fps world for far too long. Upgrades we're promised and while many games aren't optimized perfectly (and, lets be honest "Series X/S Optimized" really just means "we upgraded it for the Series X capabilities and just assumed it would be fine on the Series S") better performance should be expected.
Thema:

Series X: REALLY 4K?

1. Series X: REALLY 4K? - Similar Threads - Series REALLY

2. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  3. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  6. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  7. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  8. I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't seem to get my second controller to work on my Xbox Series S and am getting really...: I bought the Xbox Series S and two controllers. Whenever I try and play coop with my wife the second controller is not recognized with the exception of 1-2 games like "It Takes Two". I've tried...
  9. Just read it ik it long but I really need help Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just read it ik it long but I really need help Xbox series X: So my Cold War kept crashing someone recommended clear your MAC address I did that then I couldn’t connect to WiFi when it restarted and my wifi would only work at like 7am and stop at 12 and...
  10. Can really any old gen game be played on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can really any old gen game be played on series x?: For instance, I want to play NCAA 14 on it 3b169c55-7fed-4be2-9198-4d5507b0fe27