Series X: Optical drive very loud during BluRay playback

Discus and support Series X: Optical drive very loud during BluRay playback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, just started to play with my new Series X console, which is in general really great. Yesterday I tried to watch a 4k BluRay, which is something I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by realCnelion, Nov 13, 2020.

  1. realCnelion
    realCnelion Guest

    Series X: Optical drive very loud during BluRay playback


    Hi,

    just started to play with my new Series X console, which is in general really great. Yesterday I tried to watch a 4k BluRay, which is something I already used the predecessor for. The noise of the optical drive is more than just annoying! There are no atypical
    noises like ticktacks, so the drive is not rattling in my opinion. It is just very loud. I mean *really* loud. Could not follow the dialogs, the frequency of the noise was so disturbing and dominant. As far as I have read, the same drive is built-in than in
    the One X before (and I did not have any kind of those Problems with the One X before). Is this something that my be fixed with a firmware update? Or do I have bad luck in getting a faulty device? Anyone else having this problem?

    Kind regards,

    cn

    :)
     
    realCnelion, Nov 13, 2020
    #1
  2. dempup Win User

    Will the xbox series s support external disk drives.

    Hi Oliver.

    No external optical drives will be supported on the Series S/X. For disc based gaming, you will need to purchase the Series X, NOT s.
  3. dempup Win User

    Do You Have to buy XBOX game pass to play good games in any xbox

    The Series S is digital download ONLY, and comes WITHOUT an optical drive, so unfortunately not. Only the Series X of next gen Xbox's will have a optical drive.

    You can see more information here : Series S.
  4. The Viral Cyrix Win User

    XBox OneX not displaying 3d

    Yes the Xbox one X does support 3d BluRay playback.

    Have you checked video settings to see if allow 3d is checkmarked?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

    XB1 is region free right?

    The games are region free. The optical drives follow DVD and Blu-ray region standards with respect to movie playback.
  6. HotshotSquire Win User

    Lip sync issue with blu ray app

    Just from the Xbox bluray player app. Don't seem to notice the delays in any games. The passthrough on the console isn't active for sky q as of yet as doesn't support 4K. Even with optical or just direct to tv the bluray playback is unwatchable. As I said
    before, films can be onto the next scene whilst the audio is still finishing up. This has to be software related.
Thema:

Series X: Optical drive very loud during BluRay playback

Loading...
  1. Series X: Optical drive very loud during BluRay playback - Similar Threads - Series Optical drive

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...