Series X not producing 1440p 120hz

Discus and support Series X not producing 1440p 120hz in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Might as well ask here. I have an Asus VG27WQ (1440p 165hz) monitor connected to my Series X, but Im forced to choose between 1080p 120hz or 1440p... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brig Easy, Nov 11, 2020.

  1. Brig Easy
    Brig Easy Guest

    Series X not producing 1440p 120hz


    Might as well ask here. I have an Asus VG27WQ (1440p 165hz) monitor connected to my Series X, but Im forced to choose between 1080p 120hz or 1440p 60hz. My monitor is capable of 1440/120, why can't I use it on my series x?

    :)
     
    Brig Easy, Nov 11, 2020
    #1
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

    You will need the Xbox Series X for 4K 120hz. The Series S can only do 1440p 120hz
  3. Ron Amihai Win User

    Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

    Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

    Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

    I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

    Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

    Xbox Series X. 1440p lies.

    Without display 1.4 support there is no reason to target 1440p at 120hz. Only screens are able to do this have 4k 120hz with HDMI2.1.
    Hi,

    Sorry you feel this way, but that is not true. There are compatibility issues with monitors and the Series X/S sure, but there are some monitors that can do 1440P 120Hz via HDMI 2.0 without issues.

    The Five listed here
    from Rtings.com can all support 120Hz @ 1440P over HDMI 2.0.

    I have also seen on here that the Samsung G7 can also do 1440P @120Hz effortlessly.

    Just because your monitor doesn't work doesn't Microsoft were lying.

    Also there is a lot more to the Series X than just a fast SSD. It has a GPU at least twice as fast as the Xbox One X and a CPU 3x faster. The Series X also has Raytracing.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

    120hz

    for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

    besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

    1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

    HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

    HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

    For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  6. APRenner13 Win User

    120Hz at 1440p

    For the Xbox one X you have to choose one or the other reguardless of the monitors specs. Either 1080p at 120hz or 1440p at 60hz. The Series X thats coming in November will support 4k at 120hz at the same time. 👍
Thema:

Series X not producing 1440p 120hz

Loading...
  1. Series X not producing 1440p 120hz - Similar Threads - Series producing 1440p

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat: Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. halo mcc wont do 1440p 120hz on series x