Series X needs to review its refund policy on digital games

Discus and support Series X needs to review its refund policy on digital games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the game Chorus for my series X. I also spent 2K on a 4K TV that can do 120Hz. While playing the game I noted freezing/stuttering in the game,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by roboforkus, Feb 3, 2022.

1. roboforkus
    roboforkus Guest

I bought the game Chorus for my series X. I also spent 2K on a 4K TV that can do 120Hz. While playing the game I noted freezing/stuttering in the game, which should not be happening given the fact I enabled HDR/120HZ on both my TV and Xbox series X. I spent 3K for smooth 4K gaming and this game is not capable of doing that, but my refund was denied because I "played" the game briefly...I am unaware of how else people are supposed to identify major issues with their game software if they don't play it...I also understand they need some sort of a policy so that people are not just trying games out for a few days and then trying to refund them. That said, there needs to be a middle ground somewhere, as just saying...nope you loaded the game and played it so you cannot return it is too strict and is making me reconsider even buying a series x, as I have zero tolerance for paying so much money for hardware and then when I find software cannot deliver on one of the core features of the system hardware I purchased, that I am just stuck with it.

Who can play a game where you are in a spaceship where the game stutters and freezes constantly? People drop thousands of dollars on 4K gaming because they want it to be a smooth experience. So far, for this game this has been an epic fail.

Far Cry 6, Ori, etc. all those games have had no issues, so I know it's the software for Chorus, not the series X. So now I am getting punished for buying a game that I bought in good faith, but instead am stuck with a crappy game that cannot utilize one of the core features of the series X because the game dev did not optimize their game properly...and somehow I am the one who is stuck dealing with the aftermath, instead of the dev. I would like a refund so the dev gets hit in the wallet and learns to optimize their game...

:)

roboforkus, Feb 3, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

We'll first it's important to read the label on the game

It will tell you what fps it supports it only supports 60fp btw

Pushing games beyond the recommended setting isn't recommended

Second and very important point

Not a lot of games support 120fps

60 is the main goal atm until more developers learn the tools

This is regardless of consoles

Pushing fps will cause latency on even pc unless you invest a lot into your pc

And FYI it's only rated at 60fps

Most games will only recommend 60fps at max even on ps5

With forza cod halo and battlefield pushing 120fps because they are major studios and have multiple teams to use the fps booster

You aren't going to notice much difference between 60-120fps

On fast moving scenes it will cause skip frames

And increased heat
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Transfered games not working (0x803f8001)

As alluded to above, to play a disc game, the disc needs to be physically inserted into the machine for you to play it...due to the Series S lacking a disc drive, you won't be able to play it. You either need to purchase the digital version of the games in question or you need to return the Series S for refund (depending on the store's refund policy) and buy a Series X

This bit:

"The game was a disc game transfered which should be digital if transfered or converted I have tried countless things"

A disc game cannot be transferred or converted into a digital game. It will always require you to insert the disc due to the licensing for said game being encoded into the disc.
  4. Smwutches Win User

I bought a game for Xbox one but it was not available I bought an Xbox series on the understanding I could simply upgrade but I was charged another £79!? it’s

5. Smwutches Win User

xbox live arcade and backwards compatibility

No. If you buy games digitally you don't need a disk. They were just noting that a Series S will only work with digital games, but a Series X can use both digital and disks.
  6. ClayClamore Win User

refund requests

they refused my refund because "Our refund policy does not allow refunds for digital game products that have been played or consumed" but i thought the policy was under 2 hours? was I wrong?
Thema:

1. Series X needs to review its refund policy on digital games - Similar Threads - Series needs review

2. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  3. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  4. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  5. Xbox series S had a small drop and now I need to sign back in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S had a small drop and now I need to sign back in: Xbox series s had a small drop and the power cord got unplugged. when it was started back up it said it was Preparing and to not turn it off. I was then sent to a menu with 6 square buttons with...
  6. I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different...: I need to know when I port foreword my Xbox series x and a PS5 which is in a different state what ports should we be using together?? 5e398a5b-b296-45e2-917d-433a5ea68499
  7. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  8. I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I do have the current Xbox Series X with the disk drive will I need the Digital Xbox Series...: I do have current Xbox Series X with the disk drive and I can play digitally and physically on the two way on it. The Digital Xbox Series X will to be announced in June and to be released in the...
  9. Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need advice on setting up my Xbox series x: Everyone claims all the main set tings have to change from automatic to manual like dns and a bunch of other stuff and I just needed some clarity 12455621-0bd1-446a-85fd-406397b04f50
  10. I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an Xbox Series S and need some help: I am currently trying to play games on my new Xbox Series S but each time I try playing a game it doesn't work because quick resume is enabled and when I try to disable the feature on those games...