Series X kicking many games back to dashboard

Discus and support Series X kicking many games back to dashboard in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I just got a brand new Series X on Tuesday. I was using an original Xbox One with a 4gb external hard drive, so I moved my hard drive over to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NeoFuuma74, Dec 9, 2022.

1. NeoFuuma74
    NeoFuuma74 Guest

Hello!

I just got a brand new Series X on Tuesday. I was using an original Xbox One with a 4gb external hard drive, so I moved my hard drive over to the Series X. I have noticed that several games I own are kicking me back to the dashboard within a minute of selecting them for play. Some might play the intro, but then freeze at the title screen or right after. Some freezes would include an audio or graphical artifact glitch before kicking back,

I even noticed while browsing games in "My Games and Apps", that it would freeze up for a moment, and then reopen the 'Games and Apps' section. The same graphical glitch that would happen on a game screen also happen during these freezes as well.

Some examples are: Forza Motorsport 7, Dragonball Fighterz, MegamanX Legacy Collection 1, Panzer Dragoon Remake, MK 11, and Burnout Paradise Remastered.

I have had better luck with older titles - mainly BC ones such as NBA Jam- On Fire Edition, Virtua Fighter 5 FS, and Earth Defense Force 2017. But a couple of newer titles have worked (Doom 2016). All of these games were stored on the external HD when tested.

I have tested Burnout Paradise Remastered several different ways - from the external HD, moving from external HD to the internal storage, and also fully uninstalling/ re-downloading back to internal storage. Each method has the same result. I also factory reset my console to see if something had glitched during setup - it was of no improvement.

I have GamePass Ultimate, and both DB Fighterz and MK 11 worked without issue while using Cloud Gaming. In fact, any game I did try via Cloud Gaming worked fine. So it seems to me

I have seen mention of an update back in September that messed up many people being able to use their digital versions of games, but I would think by December, this would not be the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

NeoFuuma74, Dec 9, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties playing your games from external drive. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Are you getting error messages?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Transfer games from current console to Xbox Series

Xbox Series X|S FAQ | Xbox Support

You can transfer your games from another Xbox device via an existing USB 3.1+ external hard drive to use on Xbox Series X|S. You can play Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox games directly from the external USB HDD.

You can also use the network transfer function by following these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > System > Backup & transfer > Network transfer.
    2. Enable Network transfer for both your current Xbox One and your new Xbox Series X|S to be able to use the feature.
    Troubleshoot digital game issues on Xbox

Troubleshoot digital game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. TKMillz Win User

Xbox one X crashing

I am experiencing similar issues with my One X where on certain games, it kicks me back to dashboard. Idk whats going on but its pretty annoying
  5. syproject Win User

Xbox Series X keeps shutting off

Did you get a resolution ? I've just received a brand new xbox series x back, date on the back is 4th June 2021. (last xbox series x died)

Every game I load results in xbox restarting or crash to the dashboard
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

XBOX SERIES X CUSTOMIZATION QUESTION

We can only wait. As an insider I tested dashboard many times. But, who knows which system will be on Series X?
Thema:

1. Series X kicking many games back to dashboard - Similar Threads - Series kicking many

2. Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X woes. Will not update.: For some reason, I have an Xbox Series X system update issue. It will not update correctly connecting to WIFI or a physical connection to my Internet, so I got it shipped off to Microsoft to fix...
  3. Why is my Master chief collection crashing or kicking me to title screen on series x all of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Master chief collection crashing or kicking me to title screen on series x all of...: Played hours of master chief collection. Now if I try and play it, it either crashes or kicks me to the title screen no matter what I do. I've deleted the game. I've deleted my profile. I've power...
  4. Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?: My Xbox series x console keeps kicking me out of every game and into the home screen. Sometimes after kicks you out of the game and put you back to the home screen it then resets itself it powers...
  5. Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...: It randomly kicked me out of playing the game while I was in the middle of a multiplayer match and it’s been doing this since then. I can play most games but anytime I try to play call off duty or...
  6. I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home...: I have an xbox series x, I keep getting kicked off of Fortnite and sent back to my home screen. Does anyone know how to fix this? 3a32a3c4-2ed3-4963-8dea-5d8c9f7969ab
  7. My Xbox series keeps kicking me out when I play call of duty , tried restarting the Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series keeps kicking me out when I play call of duty , tried restarting the Xbox...: I bought a xbox series s last year and now all of sudden my game call of duty keeps freezing and kicks me out to the Xbox home screen and sometimes the Xbox just switches off by itself as well...
  8. Why am I still getting kicked out of my games on my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I still getting kicked out of my games on my Xbox Series X?: I have reset the console, removed and re-added my account, adjusted the resolution, and turned game mode permanently on. I still keep getting kicked. ****?! I’m about to lose my mind. I need this...
  9. Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...: Hello, On Xbox Series X I am getting kicked from online games (disc and digital) back to the Xbox dashboard, after 5 to 30 minutes of playing. No disconnect messages or error codes, straight to...
  10. My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My brand new Xbox Series X freezes then kicks me to home screen/turns off whenever I play...: (I asked this question before but I didn't really explain the full thing and it ended up being a waste of time.) Here's the situation: I just got my Xbox Series X two days ago and anytime I play...