Series X issue - turning off/freezing up

Discus and support Series X issue - turning off/freezing up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm just wondering if others had this issue and if it needs to be repaired. Recently my Series X turns on then off straight away. This will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brandiesel1, Jan 5, 2021.

1. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest

Hello,

I'm just wondering if others had this issue and if it needs to be repaired.

Recently my Series X turns on then off straight away. This will only happen once then it works fine. I unplug it each time after use. I plug it in, turn it on, it beeps then turns off. I turn it on again and its fine.

2nd issue is when I change controller batteries during gameplay, everything freezes up and it needs a hard reboot to work. It only does this about 1 time every 5 times I change batteries.

:)

brandiesel1, Jan 5, 2021
  2. IIIHeKtIkIII Win User

Xbox Series XS Green Screen Crash

I've been having a similar issue on my Series X. Haven't had it happen while gaming yet though (with the green screen). Mine seems to be an issue with video playback. Whenever I'm navigating my game DVR viewing clips, it freezes and boots me to the dashboard, then all my clips are green screen. Then if I launch YouTube and try to play a video, it black screens and crashes the entire console (basically turns itself off). When I boot it back up everything's fine and working again. Luckily I've only had it happen a couple times but I worry that it could turn into a bigger issue down the line. I've also experienced a couple game freezes that completely turned the Console off, minus the green screen though, the games just froze and the console turned off.
  3. NickD54 Win User

Xbox freezing and turning off

I have this happen occasionally on the series X as well after playing some time like 3+ hours the system might crash and freeze then turn off. This happens the most for me at least on sea of thieves.
  4. SoundPeach Win User

Is the Xbox X|S unstable (bricking, crashing etc.)?

just got my series x 2 days a go and my console will randomly freeze then shut off im having texture issues with games that are enhanced and also audio issues
  5. les lane Win User

HDR / Dolby Vision no longer working on Xbox Series X

…LG C2 vs Xbox Series X no signal issues…turn off Auto low-latency mode on the Xbox series x…it’s conflicting with lg c2 Auto low-latency mode…
  6. ChewyWaffles Win User

Xbox Series X - Black screen while sound is still playing

Having this issue with the series X and the 2020 77” LG OLED. Only thing that fixes it is turning the TV off and on.
Thema:

1. Series X issue - turning off/freezing up - Similar Threads - Series issue turning

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  4. Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.

in XboX Insiders
    Having issues with Cbox Series X with Error Code 0x803f900e showing up.: I’ve been playing Alan Wake 2 on my Xbox Series X for close to 20 hours now and recently I’ve getting this code 0x803f900e. It will close the game and push me to the Home Screen. It kind just puts...
  5. Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s high ping issue. Please help: Please help my xbox just went high ping out of nowhere. Tried different dns doesn't help, and my signal strength is 100% submitted by /u/LFC_Lad [link] [comments]
  6. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  7. Xbox Series S connection issue on startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S connection issue on startup: On My xbox Series S I have had an issue with connecting to network systems wirelessly. When I looked for my wifi it wouldn't pop up I tried searching through specifying my SSID but still didn't...
  8. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  9. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  10. Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up: Upon hitting the power button , the light and fan turns on with no visuals on screen and the xbox seems abnormally quiet. Nothing on the screen comes up at all and within in a minute the xbox...