Series X Issue: The game says “Installation Stopped” but it’s done?

Discus and support Series X Issue: The game says “Installation Stopped” but it’s done? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I was installing an old game because I wanted to play it again and it gave me an “Installation stopped” on 71.5 percent, I thought I had to clean my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by I xCrimzXn I, Sep 7, 2022.

1. I xCrimzXn I
    I xCrimzXn I Guest

So I was installing an old game because I wanted to play it again and it gave me an “Installation stopped” on 71.5 percent, I thought I had to clean my disc but the disc is completely fine. I tried resuming the installation but Xbox wouldn’t even budge to try to install it. I found out that it’s normal size is 38.01 GB and tried installing 52.01 GB but there’s nothing else the game has to install. You know those games where things are locked because of the install? This is one of them and nothing is locked behind the install. So the game is technically “not installed”, stuck at 38.01 GB out of the other 52.01 GB that it for some reason needs, and the game is 100% playable. But how do I make it so it DOESN’T say it still needs installed?

:)

I xCrimzXn I, Sep 7, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Mate, Let's try some procedures, friend.

Open the panel by pressing the Xbox button in the center of the controller.

Scroll right on the panel to the System area.

Select Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select NAT Test Type.

Tell me what appears on this test, please

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

After that, try to delete the download from the queue and install again.
  3. Derion Liebenberg Win User

Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game needs update but won’t update.

Good day Darhyl.

I have tried to clear my local saved games, the game still downloads but stops at 42.8% and stops the installation.

I have also done a reset on my Xbox and it still won’t download, every time I go into the game, cause it says needs an update and I do the same process but just keeps stopping the installation at 42.8%

I have tried on both my Xbox x series and Xbox one.

If I go to Microsoft store it play game cause I have it.

I have the disc of skylanders imaginators.

Need further assistance with this issue, thanks Darhyl
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Downloading issues with disk

It is say "installation stopped" whenever I try to download it
    It may be doing the same as my disc did (interestingly the disc had no issues with my Series X)....whenever it stops, manually resume it and see if the % goes up...it can be arduous if it's stopping every couple of minutes. If the % isn't going up even after an hour of restarting it when it stops, then it's another issue
  5. Nursemorph Win User

I’m trying to download forza horizon 2 for my Xbox One. It keeps saying “Instillation Stopped”

I can't help with anything to resolve it.

I will say that, when I bought FH2 on disc back in 2020, I encountered the exact same issue with my Xbox One X...it would install from disc for anywhere from 5-30 minutes and then installation stopped. Didn't have the issue with my FH1 disc nor any other discs and FH2 installed without issue when I installed it onto my Series X.

It ended up being an excruciating process of needing to go to games and apps and click to continue the install process each time....it took me the best part of a week in the end to install it and that was with it installing between 6 and 10 hours a day.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

xbox one games on xbox series x needs to be updated online before play

i have a Xbox series x and i don't want to to use Xbox network and i got Xbox one games

and when i installed them offline and once they finished installing them offline and launching them say (THIS GAMES NOT READY YET GO ONLINE FINISH INSTALLING IT) I WANT TO KNOW WHY THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE WHATEVER IT IS STOP FORCING PEOPLE TO GO ON TO XBOX NETWORK
    A lot of games these days have online updates, even for offline disc games. Sounds to me like that game needs to download something else to finish working. Which game is it?
Thema:

1. Series X Issue: The game says “Installation Stopped” but it’s done? - Similar Threads - Series Issue game

2. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  3. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  4. NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NBA 2k24 Xbox series x version Cross play issue on PC cloud gaming via the Xbox app.: I’m playing the next gen version of NBA 2k24 on PC via cloud gaming on the Xbox app. I’ve been playing cross platform with my friend for 3 weeks now. Since yesterday I have not been able to play...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Xbox Series X game download issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X game download issues: My xbox has internet connection problems when I download a game. It sometimes only downloads at 5-100 mbit/s. However, when I check the connection between the xbox and the router, the xbox shows...
  7. Microphone issue xbox series X when in game

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone issue xbox series X when in game: So my microphone works fine in the party chat (xbox series x) but when I toggle the option to communicate in game it just doesn't work? The mic icon that usually comes up on the top left on the...
  8. Issue with Xbox series s game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with Xbox series s game: I bought Hogwarts legacy about 6 months ago , everything has been great, untill now. I went to look at my list of games and it now shows I have 2 versions an Xbox One x and the x/s version. I...
  9. When will the gen scarlett issues be fixed for the xbox series x, all games with at gen...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will the gen scarlett issues be fixed for the xbox series x, all games with at gen...: Recently upgraded from the series S to the X and all games with the gen tag scarlett crash consistently every hour or so, forcing me to either the dashboard or restarting the console, there is no...
  10. Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game)

in XboX Insiders
    Audio Loss Issue in XBOX Series S (RE7: Biohazard Game): I was playing RE7: Biohazard Gold Edition on my Xbox series S and there is a cutscene in the old house where Lucas grabs Mia from the neck and says some dialog. I was using headphones on the...