Series X internal storage captures missing

Discus and support Series X internal storage captures missing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi xbox community, I have a Series X and I am and avid fan of virtual photography. Just now I noticed dozens of screenshits from the past months... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OdinOnTheElba, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Series X internal storage captures missing

Hi xbox community,

I have a Series X and I am and avid fan of virtual photography. Just now I noticed dozens of screenshits from the past months missing from my internal storage.I have at keast 83gb of free space.

Is there any way to recover the captures and is the issue known?

Some of the captures are on xbox Live but not on my internal storage. I am absolutely sure that I have not deleted any of them manually.

Appreciate the help!

:)

OdinOnTheElba, Apr 24, 2021
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Screenshots and clips use a limited reserved disc space to save to your console, not the whole capacity of the console disc drive. Once the limit is reached any new shots or clips will overwrite the oldest captures on the console. Upload any captures you wish to keep to the Xbox network and/or to Onedrive. From there you can share to Activity feed, Clubs etc.
  3. RonaldPires Win User

Formatting Samsung T7 SSD

So, I know how to format drives on a PC but the T7 wasn't showing up on the PC til I found a 3.1 gen 1 port on the back of the PC case. I formatted it to NTFS then plugged it back into the series X. But, in Capture Location, still only "Internal" was available.

I searched external drive not showing on series X, it said to pull the usb cable then reinstall it then hold the X for 10 seconds then restart the console. I held the big X on the controller, it restarted on its own? I entered the console menu, it now says T7 in capture settings, duration, resolution and more/capture location, but there's no choice between using Internal or External storage just the T7.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Xbox series x internal storage missing

Hi, Devilchildz! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

This space is likely being occupied by the game you have installed on the console's internal storage unit, specifically, by the game's "Reserved Space" section. This would explain why your missing 2.6 GB were cleared when you performed a factory reset, and why they were occupied again a few hours later.

"Reserved Space" could be defined as extra space a game allocates to hold game updates, patches, and even Mods (only some games support Mods). This space is automatically allocated every time you launch a game that requires it, and its size usually varies depending on the game you are playing.

For example, if I launch Halo Infinite right now and then go to My games & apps > Halo Infinite > Manage game and add-ons > Saved Data > it will show the game has allocated 4.0 GB.

• To see if it's your game's reserved space taking up the missing space, go to My games & apps > Highlight your game > Manage game and add-ons > Saved Data.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
  5. Saman.SuD Win User

Recording clip on xbox series s cause fps drop or lag?

Thank you for your reply

i only use " Capture what happened "

2 minutes and 720p on internal Storage

But I feel that it causes frame drops in newer and heavier games like warzone or metro exodus

It happened only in games that optimized for series s/x
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X eternal hard drive

Hi,

If your game is now a Series X optimised title, it can no longer be played off an external hard drive. It must be moved to either the internal storage or an optional expansion card.

External USB hard drives are too slow to play Series X optimised games. None Series X games will still run from your external drive. The internal storage in the Series X is a fast NVME SSD. These drives are several times faster than mechanical hard drives.
Thema:

1. Series X internal storage captures missing - Similar Threads - Series internal storage

2. Missing Series X internal SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Series X internal SSD: I bought a Series X from auction and it's missing the internal SSD. Can I buy another one and get patches from Microsoft to get it working again? 8571ac02-1aac-45bc-9c1e-62268497f77a
  3. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  4. If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?: I was think of cloning the internal ssd to a ssd with more storage and just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything preventing that. 072ac913-c1c7-4a5c-8c80-1bb42db108c9
  5. Damaged internal hard drive nvme of my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Damaged internal hard drive nvme of my xbox series s: The internal hard drive of my xbox series s definitely got damaged, my question is the following: I just have to buy another drive with the same characteristics as the damaged drive: nvme 512gb...
  6. Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?: Hello Microsoft technicians ! This is my first question at Microsoft forums and to begin, I recently purchased Xbox Series X and I love spending my time playing on it to be frank ! that's why I...
  7. My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...: I'm using xbox series s it's warranty out console and the internal ssd got damaged and now my console is not working What to do any suggestions or solution to repair it...
  8. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...
  9. Xbox series s internal storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s internal storage: So I’ve been monitoring my Xbox series s internal storage for the past two weeks now and I’ve noticed it’s gone from 13.3gb,14.1gb,16.4gb,12.7gb etc. And it keeps bouncing back and fourth between...
  10. Screenshots disappeared from the internal memory of the xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Screenshots disappeared from the internal memory of the xbox series s: Why Microsoft has the right to delete my own files on my personal device. I recently discovered that my screenshots disappeared on their own, despite the fact that I did not upload them to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox captures missing

2. Series x overwrites captures?