Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600

Discus and support Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, all. I am having an issue where my newly acquired Series X refuses to acknowledge that my LG Ultrawide monitor is capable of HDR10. I know for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AceOfAces1205, Nov 7, 2021.

  1. Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600


    Hello, all.

    I am having an issue where my newly acquired Series X refuses to acknowledge that my LG Ultrawide monitor is capable of HDR10. I know for a fact that my monitor can do so, as it works all the time on both my PS4 Pro and my Mac Mini.

    I do not understand why the same cannot be said for XSX. I have tried many things. I've reset the monitor, reset the console (even though it was fresh out of the box), I once received a tip to try and see if any HDR10-enabled games would activate it (no luck), I tested HDR from my PS4 to make sure it was still functional (it was perfectly fine, nothing seems to be working. The settings are the way they should be to allow HDR to happen, but nothing. The HDR app says that my monitor is incapable of HDR10, $K details in settings say the same thing, and HDR-enabled games don't activate it.

    I'm not sure how else I can go about fixing this, aside from spending big money on other monitors. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

    :)
     
    AceOfAces1205, Nov 7, 2021
    #1
  2. AceOfAces1205 Win User

    Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600

    Seems to be a recurrent issue with LG products going back to the One X.

    Have you tried turning on HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color on the monitor? Specifically the port that the Xbox is connected to. Sometimes that can solve the issue
    Hi, thank you for your response!

    Unfortunately, HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color is not a feature that's available on my monitor. If I recall correctly, that is something that only LG TVs have. In fact, there are no settings that can change specific properties on the HDMI ports of the specific monitor model that I specified above. I have indeed seen accounts that the feature you mentioned worked for other people, but again, those people were referencing their LG TVs and I do not have that on the LG 29" Ultrawide Monitor.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

    Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600

    Seems to be a recurrent issue with LG products going back to the One X.

    Have you tried turning on HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color on the monitor? Specifically the port that the Xbox is connected to. Sometimes that can solve the issue
  4. Nursemorph Win User

    LG 29WN600

  5. Hannah.b Win User

    Xbox series x controller disconnecting

    Hi Francia, here is what monitor I'm using. LG 32" UltraGear QHD 2560x1440p 165hz HDR10 monitor with free sync.

    I just purchased it at the beginning of November when I got my series x.
  6. dempup Win User

    Will there be support for HDR10+ on the Xbox Series X/S?

    Currently HDR10+ is not announced for the Series X.
Thema:

Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600

Loading...
  1. Series X HDR10 not working on LG 29WN600 - Similar Threads - Series HDR10 working

  2. Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.

    in XboX Insiders
    Beta Build Xbox Series X won't claim copy Star Wars Galactic Racer as a Disc-to-Digital game.: I just got a PHYSICAL copy of Star Wars Galactic Racer and claimed the Disc-to-Digital license on my Beta Build Xbox Series X, but it seems to not claim it. Am I doing something wrong, or am I...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  5. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  6. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  7. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  8. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  9. I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting...: I recently got a Xbox series S and on Microsoft flight simulator the HDR10 graphics setting is greyed out and can’t be turned on. What can I do to turn it on ? 9306ec73-4a70-4abd-9979-66861737b043
  10. Xbox series X HDR10 stopped displaying HDR10 logo when switching to game.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X HDR10 stopped displaying HDR10 logo when switching to game.: Earlier I tried to optimize my TCL 65S425 for COD MW2. I used settings based off ratings.com recommendations. Before I would launch COD it would show the HDR10 logo, pop up notification and...