Series X Green Screen of Death

Discus and support Series X Green Screen of Death in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my Series X has a solid green screen after turning on. Little research I’m assuming it’s the green screen of death. My warranty expired Dec 3 21.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LouisvilleBoy7, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Series X Green Screen of Death

So my Series X has a solid green screen after turning on. Little research I’m assuming it’s the green screen of death. My warranty expired Dec 3 21. Like the red ring of death on the 360. Is Microsoft fixing this issue for free? Or am I stuck buying a new console?

:)

LouisvilleBoy7, Dec 25, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the Pair button (located on the left side of the console) and the Eject button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If your console doesn't have an Eject button, you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Once you see the Startup Troubleshooter, select Factory Reset and then choose "Keep Games and Apps"

- Once the Reset is complete, you'll be prompted to sign into your console using your Microsoft account credentials, after which you'll choose your preferred settings and your console should display normally again.

NB: A factory reset keeping games and apps will not delete your game saves as they are backed up in the cloud and will resync once you've signed in.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

4. LouisvilleBoy7 Win User

Iv tried this already. The green screen is solid. No menu nothing. I can hear the start up music. But the screen is solid green.
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

Green Screen of death series x

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Marcus, normally this green screen error just means a system conflict.

Let's try to solve it that way here. See if the solution screen opens

Disconnect the network cable if using a wired network connection.

Turn off the console and unplug the power cord to ensure the console is completely turned off.

Wait 30 seconds and plug in the power cord again.

Hold down the BIND(sync) (located on the bottom front of the console) and EJECT (located on the front of the console) buttons and press the Xbox button on the console.

Keep pressing the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10 to 15 seconds

Listen to the two “activation” tones with a few seconds of difference between them. Release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second activation tone.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  6. DeniqL Win User

Xbox series x green screen of death

Hi, Ash, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here.

Let's first try performing a hard reset

Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    Unplug the console's power cable. Between 1 and 3 minutes This step resets the power supply.
    Plug the console power cable back in.
    Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn it on.

Check if the green screen is still there
Thema:

1. Series X Green Screen of Death - Similar Threads - Series Green Screen

2. Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X showing just a green screen when turned on: I’ve had my Series X for nearly 2 years, never had any major problems with it. Turned it on this morning and was greeted with a solid Xbox Green screen. Turned it off, reset it, unplugged...
  3. Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.: I turned on my console today and the whole screen is flashing green. Tried physically resetting the console, changed the HDMI cord, and tried another port in the tv it self....
  4. New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox series x green screen and then switches off: Brand new xbox series x keep getting a green screen and then switches off 6d9caf54-e096-447d-92c8-38bcdeb0ff28
  5. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  6. Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup: Every single one of my games crashes to the screen displayed here upon start up. I have tried restarting my console, swapping HDMI cords, everything. [img] 234be182-aace-4995-b5b9-733123d6b8a7
  7. Xbox series x green flickering screen issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x green flickering screen issue: Hi My Xbox one series x screen keeps flickering green and my controller disconnects and reconnects same with my headset. It normally then goes back to the green Home Screen or I have to...
  8. Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s screen color black and white and green in some areas: Please help all I did was turned it on ande the color was like that and I tried everything. 1e04c07f-dd1f-4c8e-9b4e-28723942ab1b
  9. My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...

in XBoX on Windows
    My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...: Xbox series x keeps disconnecting everything and going to green screen have done everything I can to fix but still there I can't even play a game anymore 23d0b100-99e8-4489-8944-0b1d49892c68
  10. Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, screen flickering green and disconnecting controller and from wifi: I loaded up fifa last night and that's when I first encounted the issue, today I've followed loads of different instructions on here telling me to reset console and other options but I'm still...