: Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a...

Discus and support : Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a WPA2 secured network Been through a lot of information online... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by JonathanR.1, Feb 8, 2021.

1. JonathanR.1
    JonathanR.1 Guest

: Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a...

: Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a WPA2 secured network
    Been through a lot of information online and it seems as though this is a pretty big issue.

I am able to connect to the Wifi just fine but once connected there is high latency and high packet loss unless wireless security is disabled. So much that it makes playing literally any multiplayer game impossible.

Most of what im finding online though has to do with a specific router/modem (usually a Frtiz!Box). I have a Netgear Nighthawk AC2600 router that connects to all of my other devices flawlessly including both of my Xbox Ones.

I am unable to hard wire my Series X or i would do that regardless since thats a better connection anyways.

Mobile hotspot is not an option for me and i haven't tried a gateway yet but to be honest, i shouldn't have to.

This issue is present on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections.

I have confirmed at the very least that it is likely an issue with WPA2 authentication since when i connect to my 5ghz network with WPA2 disabled i am finally able to get a stable connection. However, this is not ideal since i live close to a lot of people and would rather not be sharing my internet with them.

Interestingly though it only works with my 5ghz connection. If i try disabling WPA2 on my 2.4ghz connection the poor connection still persists.

Xbox OS version: 10.0.19041.5496 (rs_xbox_release_2011.210105-1930) but i have seen reports of people with RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2011.201209-2330 still experiencing the issue.

I have tried manually configuring my port, i have reset/restarted my xbox and router multiple times, im only 20 feet from my router so distance should not be an issue.

Please make a fix for this issue a lager priority as it is a game breaking issue for most games and it seems that a lot of people are having trouble with some form of it. If a fix is already in the works please let us know when to expect that fix to be deployed. In the mean time i guess ill just keep turning my wifi password on and off over and over every time i want to play a game.

:)

JonathanR.1, Feb 8, 2021
  2. rookie tha vet Win User

Halo4 is lagging like he'll sort it out.

I honestly doubt christmas time is the reason for this lag. I played a while ago when I have gold and one thing I can say about halo 4 lag is that it's persistant and unbearable.
  3. Elite Effect Win User

New Def Jam fighting game

The online was somewhat fun, but the lag was unbearable. It was difficult to even play because of the delay between movement.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Halo 5 Multiplayer issues

Are you trying to present a us server and you arent physicaly in the us?

That wohld be why

You must use a local connection the farther you are the more lag you get overseas would be unbearable regardless of game
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

how can i stop my xbox one to download updates

If you're games get laggy while playing online it's not because of any updates as they are not downloaded during playing!

System Updates will be prompted to download on starting up the console and are mandatory for an online connection. Game updates are prompted to download when you start the game. There are no downloads while playing online games.

So if you experience lag while playing there have to be other reasons for that, like other devices in your network causing traffic and bandwidth usage or a bad connection itself.
  6. XXxFUBAR 31xXX Win User

modifying session error??

Same issue here. They need to get their s**t together and fix this game. Lag compensation is almost unbearable when I do get into a game.
Thema:

1. : Series X getting unbearable lag while trying to play games online when connected to a... - Similar Threads - Series getting unbearable

2. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  3. Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I get Xbox series s or the series x?: There’s a series s with 2 memory card and 2 controllers but it’s cheap to get but there’s a series x going for 300, would getting the series S be worth to get rn? submitted by...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get a...: I have a gilded series s bundle but when I claim it, it never claims and I just get fa9c522e-5782-4ad9-9627-64281532abe6
  6. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  7. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  8. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  9. What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?: Hi there, I'm currently using a 24 inch, 1080p, 75hz monitor (Asus VG245H) for gaming on my Xbox Series X but I want to upgrade to be able to game at 120fps. I play FPS games (mainly Halo...
  10. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...