Series X - Friends list randomly emptied

Discus and support Series X - Friends list randomly emptied in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Played on my Series X last night and all was in order then I booted it up tonight and my friends list was messed up showing a handful of random friends... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by JumpedCastle243, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Series X - Friends list randomly emptied

Played on my Series X last night and all was in order then I booted it up tonight and my friends list was messed up showing a handful of random friends whether online or offline, so I did a full shut down and booted back up and then now it shows I have 0 friends.

I found previous threads about this and did all the recommended troubleshooting methods which include unplugged router and modem, unplugging Xbox, removing Microsoft account on the Xbox and reinstalling it and I tried these in different combinations but still showing no friends.

Is anybody else having a similar issue? Is this a new issue that hasn’t yet become common knowledge on the next gen’s?

Thanks

:)

JumpedCastle243, Nov 2, 2022
  2. JumpedCastle243 Win User

Thank you for your response - good to know it’s not just me!
  3. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome, and thank you for your kind understanding as well.
  4. JumpedCastle243 Win User

Awesome I’ll do that now thank you for your response 👍🏼
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that there are multiple reports in regard to the same issue. It seems like you have performed all the necessary steps as well.

I would recommend reporting this through Xbox Status. Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
  6. Nursemorph Win User

It's a service outage of some description...plenty on Twitter have mentioned the same. I have the same on both my accounts as well as not being able to see the Game Pass Quests on Series X as well as PC
Thema:

1. Series X - Friends list randomly emptied - Similar Threads - Series Friends list

2. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  3. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  4. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  7. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  8. How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come people cannot join me unless I add them as friend? (Xbox Series S): This is a problem I've been having for a long time. Basically, anytime I try to invite someone to a game and they are not on my friends' list, they always get an error message upon trying to join...
  9. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  10. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

in XBoX on Windows
    Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...: Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or...