Series x fan randomly turns on while system has been off for hours and is in energy saving mode

Discus and support Series x fan randomly turns on while system has been off for hours and is in energy saving mode in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As the title states, I've noticed that my Series x fan randomly starts running for a few minutes even though the system has been off for hours. This... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Sgt8bit, Nov 10, 2021.

1. /u/Sgt8bit
    /u/Sgt8bit Guest

Series x fan randomly turns on while system has been off for hours and is in energy saving mode

As the title states, I've noticed that my Series x fan randomly starts running for a few minutes even though the system has been off for hours. This also makes any devices connected via USB turn on as well. I'm on the latest official system update (Nov 2021). Not sure if this is a known bug/issue or not.... Or if anyone else is having the same issue?

submitted by /u/Sgt8bit
    [link] [comments]

/u/Sgt8bit, Nov 10, 2021
  2. REK 1 Win User

Clicking noise

go to SETTINGS on CONSOLE, then POWER SETTINGS, and change the power mode on console to ENERGY SAVING MODE, now when you turn off console , it will turn off hard drive, and turns off fan on power supply. It will no download updated while off.
  3. ExtremeBaton460 Win User

Why won't my fan turn off?

do you have your console on instant mode if so your Xbox one fan should turn off if you have your Xbox one is on energy saving mode it should turn off within 5 minutes
    I've changed my console to energy saving mode, and I the fan now turns off. Thank you for helping!
  4. Borss39 Win User

X1 making noises while off

Mine makes a faint ticking noise. I think it's just he fan. If your worried about saving energy, turn on energy saving mode to turn your box completely off.
  5. Rene Eblinghaus Win User

Xbox sounds like it's on when it's off??

turn energy save mode on and no fan is running
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Energy Saving Mode with Keep my console (games & apps) up to date

That feature has been there for a few months now.

In instant on it will download any console,game or app updates while the console is off.

In energy saving mode,if you have the 2 boxes ticked it will download console updates while the console is off & download any other updates in the background when you turn your console on.

When you turn your console off it uploads saves etc. with the cloud & checks for updates which is why the fan runs for a couple of minutes after you've turned the console off & is perfectly normal.
Thema:

1. Series x fan randomly turns on while system has been off for hours and is in energy saving mode - Similar Threads - Series fan randomly

2. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  3. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  4. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  5. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...
  6. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  7. Xbox series s fan question

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s fan question: Hi, I have an Xbox series s. I can hear a small clicking noise coming from the fan, but I only hear it when I get close. Here a YouTube clip of the sound....
  8. The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.

in XBoX on Windows
    The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise but now it doesn’t.: The fan on my xbox series x used to make a noise when I'm playing a game, but a month ago I opened the back of the console and I unscrewed the fan to get it out so I could clean it, there was...
  9. Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fan turned off during sleep mode on series x: Hi all, Not sure if I'm being paranoid or if this is a legitimate concern. Last night I turned off my series x and left it in sleep mode. The fan was on still which I presumed is normal. Then...
  10. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise: Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it...