Series X factory reset does not reset home screen?

Discus and support Series X factory reset does not reset home screen? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I did a factory reset I chose "Reset and Remove Everything" and chose to NOT apply old Xbox settings when asked. When the reset was finished I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xD34DL1N3Rx, May 21, 2021.

1. xD34DL1N3Rx
    xD34DL1N3Rx Guest

When I did a factory reset I chose "Reset and Remove Everything" and chose to NOT apply old Xbox settings when asked. When the reset was finished I noticed that nothing on my homepage had changed. All customizing I had done to theme, colors, heading layout, and all groups that I had created were all still there.

Why are these things not being factory reset? A person can manually recreate the look of a brand new Xbox user logging in for the first time, but that can take time. Why is there not an option to reset the homescreen layout and visuals to that of a fresh profile?

:)

xD34DL1N3Rx, May 21, 2021
  2. Farscape247 Win User

when signing in to your profile it will always set the theme and layout to what you had before, does the same in windows 10 too.
  3. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello, usually when you reset you console and remove everything, everything is reset.

In your case it could be that when you were adding your details back you might have selected to apply old settings on your device.

Please try the reset again and make sure that the option is not selected.
  4. xD34DL1N3Rx Win User

Thanks! Once again the official MS people have zero idea what they're talking about in their replies. Makes perfect sense after you mention Windows doing the same thing.

That said, I feel there should be an option to completely reset your homescreen layout and customizations to that of what a brand new account would look like when logging in for the first time.
  5. Oscar Nolasco1 Win User

I'm selling my Xbox one s and if I reset the console, will the games also go away or will the games I bought from Microsoft store go away aswell!?

so i can't switch my xbox one to an xbox series X, i am planning on removing home console and factory resetting it
  6. Ghostworkz Win User

Making my Home Xbox not working.

I have this exact issue. His is my setup:

My son has a One S

I have a Series X

I was able to set the One S as my home xbox

I added his account to the Series X. Went to setting and then to my home xbox. At first, it is checked, then I get the circle, and the check mark is removed. Click on make this my home xbox on the Series X using his account, the circle spins, and then back to the "unchecked" box.

Checking his (One S), my account still has that xbox as my home xbox.

Reset networking, reset MAC address, flushed ARP cache on my switch and router, restarted all of those devices, and reset the Series X (both hard power cycle and factory reset). No luck.

Is it due to his account technically being a Xbox One profile and mine a Series X?

Also, my son's account is a child account but, unrestricted.
Thema:

1. Series X factory reset does not reset home screen? - Similar Threads - Series factory reset

2. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  3. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  4. Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset: After my wifi went out both my xbox series s said I needed additional authentication, I have had this problem before and I just had to factory reset it which worked fine the first time, but now...
  5. My Xbox series S has factory reset itself for some reason after a power cycle.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series S has factory reset itself for some reason after a power cycle.: So I was recently watching a friend's dogs and brought my Xbox, everything was fine till I return home when my console refuses to connect to my wifi, even though it will connect to my hotspot no...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  7. Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?: I wanted to take my Xbox down to Idaho with me to play games while I was down there. May I let you know it worked fine with no problems down up in Idaho, I got back this afternoon and when I...
  8. My xbox series s factory reset after i plugged it back in after a little while and my games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s factory reset after i plugged it back in after a little while and my games...: I need to reconnect to the internet every time I turn on my Xbox and my games are there, but my accounts are not there I'm scared please help me. f32dbe55-7836-418a-ace3-126deeaaec96
  9. I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox series that won't stay connected unless I factory reset or restart router.: To make a long story short I have an Xbox series x that worked perfectly fine whenever I had my own place with my own Wi-Fi however I had to move and the people I moved in with have their own...
  10. My xbox series s just factory reset by itself?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s just factory reset by itself?: I had unplugged my xbox for a few days and just plugged it back in today. However it had reset as if it was a new console needing me to add my accounts back. I still have my games but it is an...