Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks.

Discus and support Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; As the title says I've had an issue where my series X will not turn off. I hit turn off console and the power button will just slow blink until I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/VeisenbergUK, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks.

As the title says I've had an issue where my series X will not turn off. I hit turn off console and the power button will just slow blink until I manually hold it for 10 seconds forcing a hard shut down. It has done this about 3 times over the last week.

Some people were suggesting that it's because the console is finishing updates but there are never any updates available before I attempt to turn it off ‍♂️ Any ideas why it's suddenly doing this? I'm not part of any preview program if that helps.

submitted by /u/VeisenbergUK
    [link] [comments]

/u/VeisenbergUK, Mar 1, 2022
  2. GaryWinteringham Win User

New March update?

Seriously, just turned my console off to notice the light start blinking then turn off. Looked at the power brick and it was orange, turned my console back on to be greeted with a green update bar :)
  3. karthikeyans3 Win User

X BOX ONE S WONT TURN ON

While paying a game Red dead redemption 2 final stage its turn off automatic after power on is no ...

Power light blink &off
  4. Radiant Sword X Win User

My Xbox One started shutting off on it's own. There is a virus in the console!

I saw what happened. The blinking lights on the power occurred. It freezes, then the power light blinks repeatedly and finally shuts off.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

Xbox doesn't turn off - light blinking

I had this happen on my One X. I did some digging and discovered that a system will do this if it believes it is still too hot. You can sometimes fix it with a hard reboot.
  6. Marcus e Wrench Win User

Xbox doesn't turn off - light blinking

Può capitare prova a lasciarla lampeggiare

[Translation-It can happen try to let it flash]
Thema:

Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks.

1. Series X doesn't turn off, power light just blinks. - Similar Threads - Series doesn't turn

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  5. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  6. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  7. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  8. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  9. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  10. Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller doesn't function with Series console, but works on PC and One S console: I have two xboxes (One S and Series S). This question is for the Series. It came with a controller that was working perfectly until last night when, after I powered it off to take a break, powered...