Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv

Discus and support Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought the new Hisense 75U7H and the series X won't recognize that it's capable of 120hz @4k. I'm using the stock hdmi cable and a rocket fish... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anthony lomeli, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv

I just bought the new Hisense 75U7H and the series X won't recognize that it's capable of 120hz @4k. I'm using the stock hdmi cable and a rocket fish 8k hdmi 2.1 cable in the correct ports and nothing. Any other issues with this and is there a fix?

[I've tried changing the fidelity setting to hdmi the best it does is 120@1080p]

:)

anthony lomeli, Sep 10, 2022
  2. anthony lomeli Win User

I believe those show up once you are at 4k120
  3. Seth Fournier Win User

Just confirming you can have them both set at once? I can only set one or the other and it reverts it back to 1440 res @120hz or 4K@ 60 hz. I can’t have both. I probably messed with the settings so much trying to make it work I did something else that is preventing it. I’m glad to know that it’s not the tv though.

Much appreciated.
  4. Seth Fournier Win User

I’m having the same problem now with the 65U7H. I have enabled it like you did but still not getting the results. It may be the HDMI’s, can you explain why you are using two HDMI’s? I think this may be the reasoning mine isn’t working. I have the original Xbox hdmi and an 8k hdmi cord but don’t see the need in using them both like you are.

Any info on how you got your tv to support 4K@120hz set-up wise could help.
  5. anthony lomeli Win User

I bought an aftermarket cable thinking that the original one may be the issue. I ended up finding the sub menu after switching inputs to one of the 4k@120 supported hdmi ports (hdmi 3 on my tv)
    [​IMG]
    then enabled enhanced hdmi from the menu while on that input. After that the stock xbox hdmi worked fine. your xbox will give you the option to switch to 4k@120 resolution after enhanced hdmi is on

[​IMG]
  6. anthony lomeli Win User

This helped me find out that my remote has a settings button and a menu button. When in Google tv home page or in an app the menu button doesn't do anything, I thought it might have been for certain apps or bluray players, but if you are on an hdmi input when you press it it brings up a niceenu where I can enable enhanced hdmi and freesync.
Thema:

1. Series X doesn't recognize 120hz tv - Similar Threads - Series doesn't recognize

2. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  3. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  4. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  5. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  6. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  7. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  8. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  9. My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x doesn't recognize xbox360 discs anymore: It started 3 months ago I've tried shutting down my xbox formatting it using a different 360 disc nothing worked it doesn't even say its scratched/dirty it straight up doesn't even recognize the...
  10. My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x doesn't recognize my 4k tv: So I bought a brand new 75 inch 4k philips tv model 75PUL7552/F7. I have a Playstation 5 which displays in 4k ,hdr, all of it. But my series x wont switch from 1080p. Says the tv doesn't support...