Series X doesn't connect to wifi.

Discus and support Series X doesn't connect to wifi. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Had my Series X delivered this afternoon. Very quickly found out this thing isn't connecting to my wifi during the initial setup when it needed to get... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MummyUnderYourBed, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Series X doesn't connect to wifi.

Had my Series X delivered this afternoon. Very quickly found out this thing isn't connecting to my wifi during the initial setup when it needed to get an update. I have it wired right now while I download stuff from Game Pass but this isn't an ideal setup and I'm just really disappointed with my first night with the console.

Saw some people were having issues with this closer to launch and either just dealt with it via wired connection or worked some kind of router magic that I have no idea about.

Anyone else having an issue with this? Idk anything about routers, connections, etc. I just know I've never had a problem with anything else ever connecting to the wifi.

submitted by /u/MummyUnderYourBed
    [link] [comments]

/u/MummyUnderYourBed, Dec 9, 2020
  2. StarImpact1 Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

Wired connection for the Series X and wireless for the Series S. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
  3. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  4. JerryCallo Win User

Microsoft won't fix connections to hidden wifi networks on Xbox Series X/S

The xbox series x/s is completely incapable of connecting to hidden wifi networks. There are various tricks/hacks people are using which may or may not work, but it is not supported natively.

I cannot connect to hidden wifi networks. It will not find my ssid when manually entered.
  5. Drake✔️ Win User

: Xbox Series X Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issues

Im also having the same problem, my xbox doesn't connect to wifi and every other device in my house could. I even restarted my wifi 4 times and every device would work except my new xbox series x, I never had the problem with my series S. A solution I found
    was to reset the xbox and set it back up through my phone but its only temporary, eventually it will say you can't connect to xbox live. Ive only see a few other people with this problem.
  6. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
Thema:

Series X doesn't connect to wifi.

1. Series X doesn't connect to wifi. - Similar Threads - Series doesn't connect

2. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  3. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  4. Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly doesn't pass HDMI signal to tv: This is pretty recent, but sometimes my series x will turn on but not be visible on screen (HDMI isn't working). Sometimes a hard reset makes it come back, but then it thinks my connection is...
  5. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  6. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.: So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the...
  7. I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a linked account on the Xbox series one doesn't work with Ark survival ascended: I have a linked account on the Xbox of my kids everything fine except that I can't play on online server in Ark Survival ascended. Is there a way to fix it or is the problem known ?...
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.: So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet in my apartment, which I share/get from my...
  9. My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...: When I remove my system from the wifi and connect to my hotspot it works just fine, I tried a factory reset on it and still it doesn't work. 03a3e4df-7f8a-456c-87c5-31725cf3dc71
  10. Microsoft flight simulator doesn't run since i connected my xbox series S online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft flight simulator doesn't run since i connected my xbox series S online: So I had the game downloaded and I was using it offline without problems. Yesterday i attached my xbox to internet connection, going online again, an update appeared, 70GB and I installed it. Now...