Series X - Disable Speakers when headset is active?

Discus and support Series X - Disable Speakers when headset is active? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello all, How can I disable the sound output for speakers on the Series X when using the Xbox headset? If I mute the sound on the soundbar/TV, a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/A8attoir, Jul 10, 2021.

1. /u/A8attoir
    /u/A8attoir Guest

Hello all,

How can I disable the sound output for speakers on the Series X when using the Xbox headset?

• If I mute the sound on the soundbar/TV, a mute sign keeps popping up (not an option for me)
    • If I turn off the soundbar, the TV takes over the sound output (no option for me)
    • I can turn down the volume on the soundbar/TV to 0, but it's extremely annoying

I had seen a tip somewhere that you should set the headset to uncompressed stereo and then disable the output for HDMI -> I see the option to disable the sound output but then get an error message that at least one device must be active for the sound output...

On my PS5, I can simply turn off the sound when I use my headset. That must also be possible somehow in the Microsoft universe?

Thanks in advance for your help, maybe I just overlooked something.

submitted by /u/A8attoir
    [link] [comments]

/u/A8attoir, Jul 10, 2021
  2. dankindDotCom Win User

kinect mic does not work when playing an xbox live game with 2 local players

Are speakers disabled when a guest is logged it? Even though I have preferences set to output to both speakers and headset -- the audio only goes to one headset.

If i set it to speaker, I can't hear anybody talking....
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox Series X - no dedicated digital sound output

I'm in a similar situation...

I use astro a50 gen 2 headset for my audio through optical port, without the optical port on the Series X my £299 astro headset is useless, just had order and spend another £299 for the astro a50 gen 4 to work with the Series X,

I would have rather have paid an extra £5-£10 more for the Series X console for it to have an optical port than having to pay out £299 for a new headset

I use a 4K monitor but it has no speakers, so I'm stuck with no audio at all for the Series X until I get my new headset.
  4. XBF-Spartan Win User

Audio and party creation issues.

HI dj,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! We are sorry to hear about your issue and would like to help out. Concerning your boot-up problem, have you switch your power settings to "Instant On" for your Series X console. When it comes to your A50 headset I am kinging the Xbox Support site that details instructions on how to properly setup the Series X with a headset that using optical audio. Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support
  5. DeltaFox93 Win User

The new update... Oh dear.

Strangely when my friend says "hey cortana" in his mic mine will hear it as well and activate when we're in the same party, volume on my headset really isn't that loud so it's just weird that it can hear his voice through the headset speaker
  6. Hoskayra Win User

I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

Hi again NatisuNeDraek.

Oh sorry i was thinked you have the problem with an pc try this troubleshootings

Double-check Mic Monitoring:

Ensure microphone monitoring is truly disabled. Go to Settings > Audio > Headset & Speakers > Microphone > Mic monitoring and confirm it's set to "Off".
    If you're using a headset with a dedicated mic monitoring control, check if it's turned off as well.

Update Controller Firmware:

Outdated controller firmware can sometimes cause audio issues.
    Connect your controller to your Xbox Series X using a USB cable.
    Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories.
    Select your controller and check for updates.

Check Chat Overlay:

Sometimes, the in-game chat overlay can cause audio feedback.
    While in a party or game chat, open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
    Select "Parties & chats".
    Check if the "Show chat overlay" option is enabled. Disable it and see if the echo disappears.

Restart Console and Headset:

A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.
    Turn off your Xbox Series X and your headset completely.
    Wait for 30 seconds and then turn them back on.

Try Different Audio Output:

If you're using TV speakers, consider trying headphones or a different headset to see if the issue persists.
    This can help isolate the source of the problem.

Check Headset Connection:

Ensure your headset is properly connected to your controller or the Xbox console itself.
    Disconnect and reconnect the headset to ensure a secure and stable connection.

Update Audio Drivers:

If you're using a USB headset, update its audio drivers on your PC.
    This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues with your Xbox Series X.

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, have a nice day. Oskayra
Thema:

1. Series X - Disable Speakers when headset is active? - Similar Threads - Series Disable Speakers

2. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  3. How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard...: How to disable on screen KEYBOARD on Xbox series X while using a mouse and keyboard connected via usb? I can see that there is an option to do so on Xbox one but not on Xbox series X. Please I...
  4. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  5. Xbox series s, ingame chat disable ingame sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s, ingame chat disable ingame sound: Hello everyone, I just bought my console a few days ago so im relative new to this one but i have some technical experience in general.. So i was playing for example the game Path of Titans on...
  6. why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my Xbox series s controller have connectivity issues when I disable night mode?: Everything is up to date including the controller firmware cbcf96dd-88f4-4cbf-998b-d490898c91b0
  7. How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I disable auto saves in Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X?: How do I disable the auto save system in Cyberpunk 2077? I am playing the game on Xbox Series X and the game is auto saving once a minute. The auto save system is wearing out my SSD really fast...
  8. How do you disable autocorrect on xbox series x. Also why does it say its an xbox one and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you disable autocorrect on xbox series x. Also why does it say its an xbox one and...: Keeps telling me to update offline? Why? I have auto update on. Plus I cant turn off autocorrect and it fills in words i dont use at all. Like token and product management. Also keeps downloading...
  9. Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to disable the onscreen keyboard on my xbox series s?: I primarily play games with a keyboard and mouse, so it’s really annoying to have a massive text box pop up on my screen when I try to type something. This is especially annoying with Minecraft...
  10. Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disabling the On-Screen Keyboard on Xbox Series X: So, I am trying to use the Microsoft Edge Browser with a keyboard and mouse to make it more like using a PC for homework among other things. The only problem is that anytime I am typing, the on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ps4 ejecting disc randomly