Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix

Discus and support Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Sounds like others are experiencing this issue in DIRT 5 and AC Valhalla, where certain sounds aren't producing (announcer in DIRT 5) via center... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaveyHatton, Mar 23, 2021.

  1. DaveyHatton
    DaveyHatton Guest

    Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix


    Sounds like others are experiencing this issue in DIRT 5 and AC Valhalla, where certain sounds aren't producing (announcer in DIRT 5) via center channel in the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed output. Are these game issues or are some folks NOT experiencing this (certain A/V setups?). I like the lag free uncompressed modes, but if it's going to be hit-and-miss as far as missing sounds go, I think I'd rather just stick with Digital DTS (least lag free of the bitstream bunch) since I have yet to experience any sound oddities with this output. Thanks in advance!

    :)
     
    DaveyHatton, Mar 23, 2021
    #1
  2. Jaymo1978 Win User

    Can't Hear Voices In-Game

    Can I ask how you are listening to your audio, Jack? I ask because, depending on the company, the audio is handled in different ways. For example, some companies use the Center Channel on surround sound signals to put out the voices, so if the center channel
    has gotten turned down (or if you've chosen the wrong output format in settings) then the game will be trying to play audio on a channel that you don't have hooked up. Say you're listening on a stereo set of headphones, or even just on your TV speakers. If
    you set the audio to 5.1 surround, you'll hear SOME audio, because the right and left channels will just be a mix of the different right and left surround channels. But since there is no center channel on a stereo setup, the system will send audio to that
    center channel, and your system won't be able to play it. (So, if the audio is directional, any time the voices should be coming from the center speaker, you wouldn't be able to hear them very well.)

    You might try setting your audio to Stereo instead of 5.1 or 7.1? It might not be the problem in your case, but it is a possibility worth checking!
  3. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

    Need serious help with Audio settings please

    The issue is your tv is unable to decode the 5.1 over HDMI. There are 5 channels of audio plus 1 channel for subwoofer they go in this order (Left, right, center, Surround Left, Surround Right). Since your TV is only stereo it's only playing channels 1 and
    2, left and right, and commentary is obviously on channel 3 center. Some TV can Downmix, where they take all 5 channels and mix them into 2 stereo channels.

    What I would do is set the HDMI back to Stereo so you get the correct 2 channels of audio(the Xbox does the downmix) and then since you are using optical to your surround sound system, set optical to Bitstream and DD 5.1 or DTS is your system supports it.
  4. loonybin41 Win User

    Low cut-scene dialog volume.

    I figured it out! Audio settings for the Xbox and the TV/stereo/whatever you're getting sound through, need to be the same. If one is set on center channel, but you don't have a center channel speaker, it will sound muffled with low volume. If there is
    no center speaker, they both need to be on Stereo instead of 5.1 or 7.1 surround.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

    VGA setup, with Astro Gaming A40's

    Any Matrix does Encoding/Decoding, IceStorm III... As 5.1/7.1 Channels, are being encoded on to 2 channels for a Stereo Headset Playback, as it encodes discrete channels to simulate 5.1/7.1 channel Audio over 2 Speakers when decoding etc...
  6. GregS76 Win User

    Xbox Dolby Digital support

    Unbelievably, the xbox one currently does not support Dolby digital 5.1 or 7.1. There is a Beta setting for surround sound in settings but that doesn't work for me. I get no audio from my center channel. An update is supposedly coming. Thoroughly disappointed.
Thema:

Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix

Loading...
  1. Series X: DIRT 5 and others? Missing some center channel audio in 5.1 and 7.1 mix - Similar Threads - Series DIRT others

  2. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  6. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...
  7. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  8. Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X/S power options to shutdown.: Hey everyone! I don't know if I'm the only one who shutdown completly his Xbox Series X... But it's kinda annoying to go into the options and power menu to do it. I think it could be nice to have...
  9. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  10. Dirt 3 not loading on xbox series X

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dirt 3 not loading on xbox series X: I don't know what to do and before someone says yes i have tried to uninstall the update, game works on xbox 360 so its not that, xbox series reads other xbox 360 games fine and launches them, and...