Series X dimming Prime Video.

Discus and support Series X dimming Prime Video. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm using a Series X with an LG CX55, using Ibra 2.1 ultra 48gbs 1.5 HDMI cable. The issue I'm having is that when watching Amazon prime,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Warsailor, Dec 25, 2021.

  1. Warsailor
    Warsailor Guest

    Series X dimming Prime Video.


    Hi there,

    I'm using a Series X with an LG CX55, using Ibra 2.1 ultra 48gbs 1.5 HDMI cable.

    The issue I'm having is that when watching Amazon prime, and sometimes if streaming from Edge, these two things will happen, on Prime Video, after roughly 10-30 mins it will just dim the video, then after that it wil constantly dim it for 10ish seconds every few minutes. Or it will cut out completely with an invalid format error. The latter also happens when streaming from Edge app.

    I've tried multiple things like playing with the idle settings, hard resetting the series X (this does sort it for a day or two) none of that seems to change. It only happens in prime or edge apps, not Netflix or Disney nor when I'm gaming. I do have auto HDR, VRR, free sync and Atmos enabled also I'm on the insider beta ring. it's just gotten stupid at this point, so I'm reaching out for help if possible.

    Many thanks!

    :)
     
    Warsailor, Dec 25, 2021
    #1
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Series X dimming Prime Video.

    Amazon and other app and game companies are responsible for their own products. You need to report this issue to Amazon so their team can fix it
  3. KaiN05 Win User

    Why is my Series X having audio issues?

    Audio issues here but only when streaming movies and shows on Prime Video and Disney Plus so far. The Series X sucks. The One X is/was better.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

    Hello Iain Sy,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

    Based on your description, you notice the videos of Amazon Prime to dim when being played on Xbox device. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

    To ensure we understand your concern correctly, we would like to confirm few things:

    1. When you mention, I want to watch one app, can we confirm if this issue happens when you try to stream other video sites or app? What other app or sites this issue happens?
    2. May we ask how was your experience in playing games? Does the screen dim the light?
    3. May we know if you can try using different TV and see if issue persist.
    4. Is the HDMI you describe is the one that comes with Xbox Console or TV, or you specifically bought it.

    There is a possibility that this could be an issue depending on the movie/videos being played, or simply the settings for the TV and Xbox will cause the dim of the video. Otherwise, we are not certain if there is no other way for us to test this to happen on other TV.

    We look forward to your response.

    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.



    Sincerely,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

    Amazon is responsible for their own apps. You need to contact their customer service about their issues with tickling the idle timer. You should hold down the guide button and select "report a problem", which is the best, most direct way to get reports to their team, as well as contacting their customer service
  6. Kathy A. Win User

    Amazon prime still dims frequently on videos,

    Good day!



    We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.


    [​IMG]




    Thank you for your understanding.


    Respectfully,



    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

Series X dimming Prime Video.

Loading...
  1. Series X dimming Prime Video. - Similar Threads - Series dimming Prime

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  10. Xbox Series S keeps dimming

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S keeps dimming: So this just started happening recently. My Xbox series S keeps dimming after 30 mins when watching Netflix. It only does it with Netflix, when I watch Hulu or YouTube it’s fine and never does it....