Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have?

Discus and support Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I wasn't really sure where to go anymore, so I figured I try my luck here. My Series X arrived with a minor cosmetic flaw. Maybe it wouldn't bother... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Atomic Red Star, Dec 4, 2020.

  1. Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have?


    I wasn't really sure where to go anymore, so I figured I try my luck here. My Series X arrived with a minor cosmetic flaw. Maybe it wouldn't bother most people, but I really wanted a brand new $500+ console to be in mint condition. One of the corners/edges
    of the console is dented in. I immediately reached out to XBOX support, with the high volume of calls and requests, took me a couple of days before I could finally get to someone, after numerous dropped calls, and lost connections.

    I wanted to be reasonable, given the reality of the supply chain, I didn't think it was in my best interest to request a return or exchange, and asked instead if they could provide a partial refund, XBOX PASS credit or whatever. Just something that would
    make me feel cared for after supporting the XBOX for nearly 20 years. I spent weeks exchanging messages with the online agent, who was professional and courteous. For some reason, the pictures I would send, would now show on her end, so there was a lot of
    back and forth. I finally hear back, and they offered me a $10 refund... I'm not greedy, I don't need money, but seriously, after all that effort, $10... So I decide that I should go ahead and maybe request an exchange. However, now, for cosmetic issues, the
    online service portal tells me it's "out of warranty" and it's a $299 to get it replaced. I don't know if MSFT service monitors this community, but I feel pretty disappointed with the outcome. Last two times I required help from MSFT it was a relatively pain
    free experience, and they stood by their hardware. Am I being crazy?


    Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have? [​IMG]

    Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have? [​IMG]


    :)
     
    Atomic Red Star, Dec 4, 2020
    #1
  2. Atomic Red Star Win User

    Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have?

    Yeah. Thanks. I got flamed on Reddit for even asking the question. I think the pandemic lock-down just got the best of me... I would actually love to delete this post if possible.
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

    Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have?

    Hello, let me just say you are luck that they offered ANY amount of money for this!!! I would not go through repair because all youll get is a refurb. I say just deal with it. ITs not worth the hassle you are going through. Looks like something that happened
    during shipping. If it REALLY REALLY bothers you that much return the whole console for refund and wait for new shipment to come out. Thats the only real option.
  4. FeaR Subversion Win User

    Cosmetic Damage

    yeah its the front faceplate that's a bit loose its connected to the middle button on the side like you said.
  5. GrowlingYapper Win User

    Cosmetic Damage

    Yes take it back get it exchanged is it on the front of the console as there is a button on the side level with the disk drive
  6. GrowlingYapper Win User

    Cosmetic Damage

    I would take it back then Tesco are usually good at this good luck
Thema:

Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have?

Loading...
  1. Series X Cosmetic Damage - What Options Do I Have? - Similar Threads - Series Cosmetic Damage

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...