Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

Discus and support Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pandora Gigante, Jun 9, 2024.

1. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving

My controller suddenly started cycling through a menu of my game and wont stop when i move left it goes right when i move down it jumps back up i don't know that's happening. Ive tried hard resetting the xbox, changing to batteries, reconnecting the controller nothing is working.

:)

Pandora Gigante, Jun 9, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Pandora, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to use the Xbox Accessories thumbstick recalibration tool?

To open the Xbox Accessories app on your console, press the Xbox button to open the guide, then under Profile & system, select Settings > Devices & connections > Controllers & headsets.

Before you recalibrate your controller, check to see if there’s a firmware update available for your controller. If there is, update your controller before you recalibrate.

Select Recalibration options.

Select the specific thumbstick you want to recalibrate (left or right).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the recalibration.

If it still does not work, and your controller is still under warranty, please, submit a repair request.

Register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

I hope this helps.

Source:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/controller-calibration-tool
  3. sunnyballz Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLERS MOVING TOO FAST THROUGH MENU

I found the problem and the solution! If you hold down a button that isn’t the joysticks or the D Pad while moving through the menu, then it will go into menu fast mode. Most likely it will be a controller drift. If you hold down a joystick then it will
    go into go into fast mode. If you fix the drift then it won’t go fast anymore. Also if you have a sticky button held down then it will move fast. If you unstick it, it should stop the fast mode.
  4. Saul Goode77 Win User

Transforming D-pad

I'm also not a huge Fighting game fan, I just play them once in a while. But having the new d-pad really made a difference. Some moves are really hard or practicaly impossible to get using the old joystick. I also have an "Evil Controller" which replaces
    the d-pad with 4 buttons instead. That is the best option (besides fighting stick controllers of course)
  5. FreakRoach Win User

how do you fix a pdp controller

You can try resetting your PDP controller. Follow these steps:

1. Power the XBOX one console on.
    2. Plug the smaller end of the controllers USB-B micro cable into the top of the controller.
    3. Hold down on the directional pad (D-Pad) and plug the larger side of the USB cable into the XBOX one console while still holding down.
    4. The controllers red LED lights will illuminate and the controller will begin to vibrate. You may then release the down input on the directional pad (D-Pad)
    5. Press A on the controller.
    6. The controller will then stop vibrating and the LED lights will power off.
    7. Fully rotate both joysticks in a complete clockwise motion and pull each trigger fully (LT and RT)
    8. Press down on the directional pad (D-Pad)
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Did anyone at Microsoft actually test the controller with human subjects?

Overall, the only real issue I have with the design elements is with the d-pad. When playing fighting games like Killer Instinct that require quarter-circle back, for example, it's incredibly hard to do those kinds of moves with the traditional d-pad that
    was brought back for the Xbox One. Sure, I suppose I could use the joystick, but it's not as fast or as intuitive as an actual arcade joystick (lord knows I'm not willing to shell out big $$$ for 1 of those). I loved the rotating d-pad they had for the special
    edition controllers on the Xbox 360 - I wish we had more of those or something similar.
Thema:

1. Series X Controllers D-Pad and Joystick wont stop moving - Similar Threads - Series Controllers Pad

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  10. My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X controller is spam pressing the right button on my d-pad: The problem only stops when I press left on the dpad but they left vision itself didn't register at all. I've tried everything other than taking the controller apart which is a last resort...