Series X Controller stopped communicating with the Xbox after updating.

Discus and support Series X Controller stopped communicating with the Xbox after updating. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After the latest Series X controller update I’ve had two instances of the controller losing communication with the Xbox. Only way to restore... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Whiteway2, Dec 12, 2022.

1. /u/Whiteway2
    /u/Whiteway2 Guest

After the latest Series X controller update I’ve had two instances of the controller losing communication with the Xbox. Only way to restore communication was a hard restart of the Xbox.

submitted by /u/Whiteway2
    [link] [comments]

/u/Whiteway2, Dec 12, 2022
  2. Michael Paillé Win User

Controller suddenly stopped working. Lights up when plugged in, tried multiple cables. Does not show up under device manager.

My controller stop working too series x , factory controller . Last night working and today my samsung tv remote control my xbox and the xbox controller no longuer view by the xbox , i use another controller from my other xbox seris s , and this controller work but not the one work last night , i try the little button to match xbox with but nothing , the controller do no longuer view on my xbox series x , can control de series s but can't be view or connect to the series x anymore
  3. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  4. LukeMQ Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  5. LukeMQ Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

I have an issue similar to yours and identical to other users: even after OS update 10.0.22000.2656,
    on Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu or in any other game that don't give this issue, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. This issue started since about 4 months after a system update. I have reported many times this issue and it has been reported by other users too.
    Analog sticks and triggers calibration from the system menu is missing, an essential feature in my opinion, I'm reporting this since 3 years.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Last Xbox X upgrade broke my system!

Hi,

You've said you've got an 'Xbox X'. Are you saying you've got the older Xbox One X, or the current generation Series X?

I know this might be frustrating for you, but be aware that updates themselves don't break consoles. If the console stops working correctly after an update, generally it means that there was something wrong with the console before the update occurred. Correlation does not imply causation.
Thema:

1. Series X Controller stopped communicating with the Xbox after updating. - Similar Threads - Series Controller stopped

2. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  3. Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X & Series X Stopped Reading Discs with little to no usage + Controller Failures: I've done all possible troubleshooting on my end. I have a warranty but plan on getting it replaced or refunded altogether. I've even compiled a video showing three different Xbox 360's that read...
  4. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  5. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  6. Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller stops charging while console is in sleep mode: My xbox controller stops charging while my console is in sleep mode. Bought Xbox Series X with officual rechargeable battery in July. The power efficient mode isn't activated in settings....
  7. My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series controller has randomly stopped working and will no longer work: I usually play on my pc with my xbox controller connected via USB. Today when hopped on and played for 2 mins, I've noticed none of my inputs were going through and the controller was not on. I...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  10. Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S controller stopped working, makes a whirring sound when plugged in.: As stated in the title, my Xbox Series S controller randomly turned off and now won't turn back on. I tried hardwiring it in, but it still doesn't turn on. When plugged in, it makes a whirring...