Series X controller sticks feel... off

Discus and support Series X controller sticks feel... off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had the controller for around 7 months, as long as I've had my console. I noticed it right out of the box that the sticks, when you pull them in a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spatt11101, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Spatt11101
    Spatt11101 Guest

I've had the controller for around 7 months, as long as I've had my console. I noticed it right out of the box that the sticks, when you pull them in a 360 circle, the stick has an almost grittiness to them... figured it was just it being fresh and thought it'd smoothen out.

Then I noticed the left stick is almost wobbly, its loose, just the smallest movements will put the stick in a slightly different position, and with it I feel a small click, like something is broken inside. Along with this there is a slight stick drift that goes backwards, it's hardly noticeable and it's very periodic, but still this whole controller is just unpleasant to use, I don't know if it's worth getting a replacement, or if warranty even covers these types of things, surely it would right? I don't feel like Xbox designed the controller to feel or act this way

(I should inform I have hardly used this controller because of the gritty feeling that I can't stand, so I use my PowerA controller I bought for my PC)

So keeping that in mind, it isn't really just wear and tear, it's just a funky controller.

Anyway the question is, is this RMA-able or is it even worth it... obviously I don't want to be using my PowerA controller all the time and I shouldn't have to buy a new $60-70 controller because this one had funk out of the box.

:)

Spatt11101, Feb 23, 2023
  2. SenS Alpha Win User

Complete garbage Xbox 1 controllers

I am also having issues with my controller analog stick. Mostly it happens when I play Overwatch and the stick "sticks". I am hoping it will be fixed with the controller design for the Xbox Series X.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Core 2 stick tension vs Standard Series X controller tension

Hello ShivaPike,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum! Thank you for sharing your concern with me today, I hope you're doing well. I understand that you have a question regarding the stick tension on the standard Series X controller and how it compares to the Elite Series 2 controller.

The standard Series X controller has a default stick tension that is not adjustable. However, the Elite Series 2 controller has adjustable stick tension with three different settings as you mentioned in your question. With the Elite Series 2 controller, you can increase or decrease the stick resistance according to your preference.

I understand that increased stick resistance may be helpful for you due to your neurological condition. I recommend trying out the Elite Series 2 controller in-store or with a friend who owns one to see if the highest resistance setting is suitable for you before making the investment.

Here is a link to the official Xbox support page that provides more information on adjusting the stick tension on the Elite Series 2 controller is the same link you provided: Adjust the sticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support

You may check try to check if customization of the controller could be your preference: Xbox Adaptive Controller | Xbox

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Nickvvv Win User

INPUT LAG GAMEPAD ON SERIES X ON GAMES BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

I’ve been looking for this for a few days now, and I am having the exact same issue. It is NOT a controller issue, it is completely due to the Xbox series X. In my case, I played call of duty Black Ops (1) on my Xbox one , everything was smooth and even played BETTER than on the 360. I recently got the Series X and it made this game nearly unplayable. I know this isn’t a controller issue due to the fact that I am using the same controller for the Xbox one. (It’s a series X controller) the issue specifically that I’m having is with the stick input delay. I move the stick and there’s a noticeable delay when it moves the characters view in game( input). it makes it extremely hard to play FPS games (that rely on looking around with the analog stick) that are reverse compatible (xbox 360 games). Again, no issue on the Xbox one, only the series X. I’ve had to other issues with this on current gen FPS games. Although I do feel the same input delay when I play Overwatch 2. I’m not sure if that is a related issue or just one of the OW2 unique crossplatform setup. I’ve changed look sensitivity for Black Ops, thinking it was that did not change a thing. This is my favorite game and the main reason I got the series C and I’m extremely disappointed I can’t enjoy the game anymore with this issue .
  5. Stiff77_490 Win User

Xbox series X controller keeps drifting up

Unboxed my Series X in October. Stick drift within a month. My Xbox 360 Elite controller still works flawlessly after nearly 15 years.

The new controllers are garbage.
  6. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
Thema:

1. Series X controller sticks feel... off - Similar Threads - Series controller sticks

2. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Keyboard Macros are sticking or not responding at all when...: Hello! I'm having issues with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. When I connect to PC using the Wireless adapter I have issues with any buttons that are macro'd to keyboard buttons. These macros...
  4. Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Stick drift in elite series 2 controllers.: Is there an easy way to fix this without tearing the controller apart? I have both the series 2 and series 2 core controllers and I have stick drift on the right stick. I notice it in a lot of...
  5. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  6. My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller disconnects whenever I press the right analog stick: Hello I have recently purchased an Elite series 2 controller. I have had a elite series 2 in the pass and I have the same problem. Whenever I simply press down on the right anolag stick it just...
  7. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis): A brand new Xbox Series X Robot White Controller for PC. The analogue sticks scrape against the edge of the plastic bevel when rotating them fully. It happens more poignantly at around 9'o'clock...
  10. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...