Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed

Discus and support Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with my carbon black Series X controller. It seems to register that RT is pressed, in rapid succession, all the time. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leodegrance#5377, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed

Hi,

I have an issue with my carbon black Series X controller. It seems to register that RT is pressed, in rapid succession, all the time. I've followed every repair step you can think of and the issue is still present. I tried to submit a repair request or initiate a call back from Xbox UK but I had no luck, with the site saying I had either no repair options, or being unable to input my details for a rep to call me.

Is this a common issue and is there a fix?

:)

Leodegrance#5377, Apr 12, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed

A pleasure, have a great day
  3. Leodegrance#5377 Win User

Well...that seems counter intuitive. Even Nintendo has a UK centre that fixes controllers. Hmm, I'll see if I can find a new one that fell off the back of a van. Thanks for replying!
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Leodegrance#5377! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Does the site says that you currently have warranty or it's already over?
  6. Leodegrance#5377 Win User

Unfortunately, nothing has been figured out. I had a chat with Microsoft and they said that there's no repair centre in the UK, and my warranty has gone, so I'm out of luck with a duff controller, and no way to fix it or get it replaced. I have one spare, which I'm using for now. But, we're looking at another Nintendo Switch drift issue here, I think. I'll eventually have to fork out for a new one.
Thema:

1. Series X Controller Issue: RT registers as active even if the button isn't pressed - Similar Threads - Series Controller Issue

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  4. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  5. Xbox series x, controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x, controller issues: My series x has been playing up for a couple months now with my controllers keep losing connection, I have done all the usually things like batteries and updating them. I have just bought a brand...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller issue on purchase. Should I return the product?: The Elite Series 2 controller allegedly doesn’t come with paddles. But the box says it includes paddles. Is it just faulty product that needs to be returned? Or false advertising that needs to be...
  7. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  8. Xbox series 2 - core controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series 2 - core controller issues: I've got Xbox series 2 - core controller, I must have now sent this back for repair 4 times in November. I've just got it back 2 days ago and the left bumper doesn't always register the click....
  9. Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a brand new Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and have big issues.: Recently bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 Core-Controller and I've been experiencing some big issues with the a, b and y buttons. Before a click even registers I end up having to click these face...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Issues.: Hi I've had several problems with Xbox Series X controllers. The main problems include stick drift and bumper problems. In the space of 2 years I've had the original controller that came with my...