Series X - controller does not shut down when console does - is it repair or software issue?

Discus and support Series X - controller does not shut down when console does - is it repair or software issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Did anybody encounter this and can it be fixed? Here is as good description as I could. Xbox series X issue controller does not shut down until after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BookishFlunky90, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Series X - controller does not shut down when console does - is it repair or software issue?

Did anybody encounter this and can it be fixed?

Here is as good description as I could.

Xbox series X issue controller does not shut down until after a minute

I have also an external hdd connected

- but have tested below both with and without hdd connected

- I migrated from Xbox One with same hdd

Setting Sleepmode= save energy

----------------------------------

Shutting down console from controller X-button menu

- console shut down as expected

- controller X button remains lit for about a minute or more

- so in contact with console still, no blinking button

- then controller button go out after a minute or so

- then console shortly power on a few secs and off again

- this is not expected behavior

Shutting down console from page Sleepmode setting "Full shutdown"

- both console and controller shut down immediately

- expected behavior

Now setting sleepmode=standby

--------------------------------

Shutting down console from controller X-button menu

- both console and controller shut down immediately

- expected behavior

Is there something wrong with console needing repair?

- or is this a software issue that will be fixed

- thinking if shutdown controller is sent shutdown too soon or something as console is shutting down?

Weird, huh....

Thanks.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Sep 22, 2022
  2. mouse999 Win User

Series X - controller does not shut down when console does - is it repair or software issue?

I got a update last week (not the september update) and my controller started doing this. Takes about a min to turn off now in energy saving mode so I think the update did it. Maybe a new bug maybe intended.
  3. BookishFlunky90 Win User

I thought about that for a bit, but does not make sense.

- it's on EnergySaver you shut down more, and there is the problem

- instant on would be standby and that works fine.

EnergySaver or standby would be the same, think they both check for updates. I think I read somewhere..

No mode allow for complete shutdown, but on Sleepmode setting page "full shutdown" and that works to.

I think can be fixed with software update the more I think about it.

I would like option to completely shutdown from X-button menu. That would be grand. A setting to assign which shutdown you want to X-button or similar.

I do all updates manually anyway.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

That sounds like it's by design. When the console is on Instant On it will take a bit to fully shut down by checking for updates, etc. During this time the controller thinks the console is still on so stays on itself until it no longer sees a signal
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Its the same with my regular controller, it takes a minute or two before it shuts down.
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Not saying it's impossible being by design,

Thinking about when you make system updates and console restart

- and controller hangs in there a bit longer and still on when console is up later

Thanks guys. Might get more attention if something needs fixing still.
Thema:

1. Series X - controller does not shut down when console does - is it repair or software issue? - Similar Threads - Series controller does

2. What calculation does the default controller and elite series 1 controller use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What calculation does the default controller and elite series 1 controller use?: I just recently got back into using elite controllers and got a elite series 2. I noticed that on the series 1 elite controller there is only one option for calculations and for the elite series 2...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control...: I am trying to leverage the Samsung games hub and the Xbox app within here and am unable to use a Bluetooth controller. I can go into the pairing options and get the controller connected, but once...
  4. New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Series Controller Home Button does not work: Hello! I purchased a new Xbox controller for the Series X. I wasn't able to turn it on with the home button so I plugged it in with a USB cable to the console, every button/stick works except for...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass Hitman 3 does not detect triggers on Xbox Elite Series 2 controller...: Issue: Elite Series 2 controller LT/RT are not detected in Hitman 3 game from Game Pass Details: I've seen the posts and solutions around this on PC with the Epic Games Store and Steam,...
  6. I own an elite (series 1) controller that needs to be repaired. Does Microsoft, other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own an elite (series 1) controller that needs to be repaired. Does Microsoft, other...: My elite controller (series 1) needs to be repaired, both sticks have stick drift and stick deadness (analog module needs to be replaced in both). Also, my top left paddle isn't working properly....
  7. Xbox Accessories does not recognize wireless controller Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories does not recognize wireless controller Elite Series 2: I am encountering the following error when connecting an Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller to PC through USB cable. I am aware that this is a known issue and Xbox Accessories needs to be...
  8. My brand new xbox series S does not connect to internet via LAN cable, controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox series S does not connect to internet via LAN cable, controller...: Hello all, First of all, I am extremely frustrated. I made 2 of my friends buy xbox for next gen instead of playstayion, and of course I got one for myself too. And boy oh boy was that a terrible...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Right bumper frequently does not register presses or will...: Hi all, My Xbox Elite Controller's right bumper has started to go bad; it either doesn't do anything or will treat one press as multiple. This has been going on for a few weeks, and I just found...
  10. How many USB controllers does the series S/X support?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How many USB controllers does the series S/X support?: I see the Xbox series S and X have have three USB connectors for various accessories including controllers, I have some wired controllers that appear to be on the list of “works with Xbox one,...