Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC

Discus and support Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a series x controller and the dongle to it. My controller keeps disconnecting nonstop. Within a few seconds/minutes of use it disconnects, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A_Cota, Oct 5, 2022.

1. A_Cota
    A_Cota Guest

I have a series x controller and the dongle to it. My controller keeps disconnecting nonstop. Within a few seconds/minutes of use it disconnects, and it becomes worthless. I recently updated the firmware, and it only made it worse. Now sometimes it won't even detect it with a wire. I have tried every possible solution I have found, and nothing has worked. I want to revert the firmware, but I have not found anything, in order to accomplish that. I have no option in the accesories app to do so either. I am ready to give up and just completely stop using Xbox controllers in general. Most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

:)

A_Cota, Oct 5, 2022
  2. MattyC1 Win User

Hi

This problem is happening to a lot of people. You only have to google for 5 minutes and you can find the tons of posts related to it. Unfortunately, you CAN'T revert the firmware for this model (series x) controller - it fails. It does work for the previous model (one s etc.). Something about the firmware update at the start of year (or late last year, whenever it was) broke this controller when connecting wirelessly to PCs. I use the official xbox wireless adapter. My old one s controller works flawlessly. But the series s/x controller is useable for maybe 5 minutes and then it disconnects. Rinse and repeat. Often worse than 5 minutes.

This is a firmware issue. And yes, reverting would probably fix it, but i've tried using the method shared and it doesn't work. i've even connected it to an xbox to revert it that way and it didn't work. See this post for additional details.

What is microsoft doing about this problem? I'm literally not buying anymore MS controllers because of it. I just ended up getting an 8bitdo as i couldn't use the new one wirelessly.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello A_Cota, to roll back the firmware of your control follow the procedure described in the link below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

For this connection instability, try to make a test, if you can connect the controls to another device that has Bluetooth to see if the instability continues.

It may be left related to the dongle itself or some Windows firmware.
  4. SammyVS Win User

I've bought a xbox pc controller but it does not work properly.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Is your Xbox 360 or Xbox One/Series S/X controller? Currently, your controller does not turn on at all even disconnected from your PC?
  5. raptorscream Win User

When will the Xbox Series X Controller Firmware get fixed?

I'm playing on a PC, this isn't a Forza issue, it's a Windows/Firmware/Compatibility issue, the controller disconnects even if i'm not in any games.
    A lot of people have this issues on PC, for some it works fine in some games, and in others it keeps getting disconnected, and for most it just disconnects regardless of game or not.

It's been an issue since Xbox One controllers, and day Series X
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Vanguard Controller issue ...

Connecting the controller with a USB cable doesn't work,

Controller still disconnects even with a USB cable connected,

I have the same issue with Series X using mouse and keyboard for Call of Duty Vanguard.

I played during the beta and there was no problems with the controller disconnecting but as soon as the game released, the controller disconnects,

I've tried a Xbox One controller Series X controller, with batteries and a USB cable, and the controllers still disconnects.
Thema:

1. Series X controller constantly disconnecting from PC - Similar Threads - Series controller constantly

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  4. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  5. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  6. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  7. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  8. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  9. Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do the Xbox Series X controllers constantly disconnect from the console?: I have an Xbox series X that is roughly 1 year old and my controller disconnects from the console every 5-10 minutes. This problem only occurs while playing games and has essentially made my Xbox...
  10. Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x controller and headsets constantly disconnecting and reconnecting: Guys I'm literally at my whits end with this system. I have went through three controllers (two regular and one elite) and two headsets (steelseries and Xbox wireless) and theres not a day that...