Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

Discus and support Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Realistic-Dust-5891, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

After the latest skip ahead update my controller will remain powered on but it will lose all functionality as if its powered off. It does have a simple remove battery and put it back in fix but I want to know if anyone else is having this issue.

submitted by /u/Realistic-Dust-5891
    [link] [comments]

/u/Realistic-Dust-5891, Aug 11, 2021
  2. CalebCountryman Win User

Xbox Controller Acting Weird After Latest Update

Well I don't have access to an Xbox console so that's not an option for me, is there anything else I can do?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

First I'll suggest you submit a bug report so the insiders can investigate this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Please see a well detailed guide on how to troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Controller here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that doesn't help with the issue, you will need to send the device to Microsoft for a service repair/replacement. You can see how to do that here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If the controller is still under warranty, the repair/replacement is free. If the warranty has expired, it will cost you a fee depending on the type of controller you own. You can check out Microsoft's out of warranty service cost here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There is a way to rollback the update of the controller to remove the firmware that might be causing the issue. But you'll need to get your hands on a console in order to do it.

Connect your controller to my console via USB and follow the steps outlined below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox one update has caused headset transmitter not to work!!!!!!

after the latest updates my turtles beaches are acting weird also, but mine are the xo 7's and plug into the controller, no audio unless i keep pressing the audio effect button multiple times then the audio comes on, if the controllers go off then the same
    thing happens. seems these updates are not nice to turtle beach.
  6. Just a Volunteer Win User

Edge on Xbox series s won't update

As far as I'm aware Edge on console is updated automatically when a new Xbox console System OS update is released. Usually every month for General Availability release

The version I'm using right now, on a Series X, Version 104.0.1293.44 (Official build) (64-bit) is the latest available to Alpha Skip Ahead Insider members.

I have never gotten any notification to update Edge on console.
Thema:

Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update

1. Series x controller acting weird after latest skip ahead update - Similar Threads - Series controller acting

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  5. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  6. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  7. Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Series S Controller disconnecting: Bought a brand new Xbox series S and the controller started randomly disconnecting while playing games. I’ve never had this problem with my series X. So I took my spare controller and tried to use...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  9. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....