Series x controller acting weird after firmware update

Discus and support Series x controller acting weird after firmware update in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So about 2 days ago, I updated my controller, and afterwards, it's D-pad keeps going up, and whenever I move, it moves extremely fast. Any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lightly_SaIted, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Series x controller acting weird after firmware update

So about 2 days ago, I updated my controller, and afterwards, it's D-pad keeps going up, and whenever I move, it moves extremely fast.

Any solutions?

submitted by /u/Lightly_SaIted
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lightly_SaIted, Jan 26, 2023
  2. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Hi

Given it started after a firmware update, then it's likely the update caused it...sometimes updates have unintended consequences and it's possible that it has disrupted the ability to use the new Series X/S controllers on older XBox One systems. If that's the case, they will hopefully fix it with another update, though it may be a while
  4. StrangeCargo71 Win User

Xbox One S Bluetooth Controller For PC

It's weird, try to update firmware controller, connect it by USB cable and run Xbox Accesories App and there update firmware in it.
  5. Pranav Palani Win User

My xbox sx controller has sticky buttons for my left joystick

Hi Josef, I connected it to my phone, and it persisted. I checked the firmware it seemed to be fine, I didn't downgrade since this didn't happen after an controller update but randomly one day, as well as this happened on both my xbox series x and phone, meaning it wasn't firmware. It looks like it is hardware and I will have to buy a new controller, thank you Josef.
  6. MikeBaker Win User

Xbox X auto update on 14-Dec device now switching off mid game and prompted with insufficient ventilation warning on restart

yes series X - just a co-incidence then that it started right after a firmware/OS update (and thankfully days inside warranty)

off to repair it is then
Thema:

Series x controller acting weird after firmware update

1. Series x controller acting weird after firmware update - Similar Threads - Series controller acting

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  5. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  6. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  7. Series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x/s controller: I've been having what I wanna say like input delays or something cause when I go the hit the Y and A buttons sometimes it don't register that I hit it.. is it safe to say take it back were I got...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is...: Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: All of a sudden my right stick click is acting like it is being spammed making the controller unusable, has anyone else had this issue or know what to do?...
  9. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller rb, left thumb stick and right thumbstick acting weird.: I don't know where to even start. My left and right thumbsticks started to drift a little bit right after I got it, which I didn't mind at all cause at the time I didn't care for the stick drift....