Series X can’t make it past the initial system update

Discus and support Series X can’t make it past the initial system update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My new series X cant make it past the first system update. Each time it gets to the update screen it turns off, not restarting, just turns off. it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WafflyGravy, Feb 22, 2023.

1. WafflyGravy
    WafflyGravy Guest

My new series X cant make it past the first system update. Each time it gets to the update screen it turns off, not restarting, just turns off. it doesn't make any update progress while off, it’s always stuck at 33 or 66% then shuts off. Unsure if it’s a power issue or if its a system fault and needs to be sent back. I’d appreciate any help or advice.

:)

WafflyGravy, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Sorry to hear about what happened. Is there an option for you to connect it using a different network connection?

You may consider as well performing an offline system update. Check the complete guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. jexner325 Win User

Getting error 0x80072F8F 0x00000000 0x00000201 on new console when I try to update

Same here. Got a new X and can’t get past the update. Get the same error codes
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. DJDckGrayson Win User

"Getting Ready to Update..".an never updates just frozen there...

I'm having the same problem. Cant get past 10% download for the initial system update, also on the "getting ready to update" screen.
  6. NARGH22 Win User

Can’t get to my dlc

Screw that, it still works on my old Xbox one so why can’t the same work for the series x? Makes 0 sense
Thema:

1. Series X can’t make it past the initial system update - Similar Threads - Series can’t past

2. Can’t claim my items included with my series S

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t claim my items included with my series S: Trying to redeem my items included with my new console But when i try to redeem it in Account>included with this xbox console It says “ Available - Included with this device” I try to claim...
  3. Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I sign in to my new Xbox series X?: My fiance bought me an Xbox series X for Christmas this last year and I finally got to setting it up, only for the console to not allow me to sign in to my account. I click the sign in button,...
  4. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  5. I can’t connect to Xbox live on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t connect to Xbox live on my Xbox series x: My internet connection is working, I have gamepass, what do I do 3e9e6ed5-9da2-4613-a581-b1002d553b82
  6. Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t join friend on Battlefield 2042 and they can’t join me (Xbox series x): My friend and I both have game pass core but we’re unable to join each other on battlefield 2042. It is saying we need to get game pass. We have tried signing out of our profile, restarting the...
  7. My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s can’t play games optimised for s/x: Hi I brought my Xbox series s a couple years ago and had no problems with it until now. I don’t know what has gone on but I’ve tried to instal a game only for Xbox s and x and I can’t install...
  8. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...
  9. Xbox series X Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high,: Xbox Can’t find teredo id when my networks firewall is set to high, eb00db5f-8748-44ce-983f-5f2e02a15564
  10. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...