Series X Black Screen - Out of Options?

Discus and support Series X Black Screen - Out of Options? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, After powering on my Series X there’s simply an immediate black screen, no boot up logos or anything. I can still connect a controller, where... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Justin Mott, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Justin Mott
    Justin Mott Guest

Hello,

After powering on my Series X there’s simply an immediate black screen, no boot up logos or anything. I can still connect a controller, where it seems like it’ll still respond to the usual three options (power off console, power off controller, reset console) when holding the middle Xbox button on said controller. Discs can still be inserted and ejected. All options that I’ve tried are as follows:

-Switch HDMI cable, HDMI port on TV

-Fully power cycle the console via holding the power button for 10 seconds, disconnecting power cable for a few minutes, powering back on

-Booting in low resolution mode via holding power and eject buttons for ~15 seconds (makes two beeps as expected, no image on screen)

-Booting into troubleshooting menu via holding eject and sync, then tapping the power button (makes two beeps then ~5 seconds after the second beep the console powers off)

-Factory reset via plugging in USB with required files, then holding eject and sync, then tapping power (makes two beeps, but immediately powers down after the second one)

-Offline system update via same steps as factory reset (with system update files instead of factory reset files of course) since as mentioned I can’t access the troubleshooting menu on startup to perform this the normal way (makes two beeps, then a third beep immediately after the second, console stays on but with no result)

In all applicable troubleshooting instances where the console remains on I’ve let it idle for 10+ minutes per Microsoft’s recommendation in the off chance it’s being slow to perform its usual boot up checks, unfortunately still nothing. Any other possible suggestions, or at this point would my best bet be to send it for repair/buy a new one?

:)

Justin Mott, Mar 17, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Justin!

Sorry to hear to hear about the issue. It seems like you’ve already tried all the troubleshooting steps to try to fix your console issue. The only thing I can suggest here is to try a different TV and see if those troubleshooting steps will work.

If it’s still doing the same, I suggest that you instead send your console for repair. You may check your repair options through https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. MarkKing13 Win User

Wreckfest Upgrade for Series X Not Working

The only in-game option is to hit 'Y' to upgrade to Series X/S. But that takes you to a blank screen in the store.
  4. KurtisMiddleton Win User

Starfield on my Xbox Series keeps crashing.

Same here.

Series X. I can't even get into the game. As soon as I try and launch a new game from the title screen I get a black screen and the loading icon freezes. So frustrating.
  5. Mangiasassi Win User

Series x black screen

Just turned on my series x and black screen of nothing!

Was working earlier and updating games.
    What kind of Tv did you have?

If it's a brand new tv capable of 120hz of refresh rate you have to make some changes on your tv.

try to go to settings and try by esclusion, set Vrr of and try, 120hz of ecc. (set of 4 2 2 and leave 10bit colour)

It's a quite known issue, hope MS will fix it asap.
  6. davemorris71 Win User

P50 WD Black Problem XBOX series X

I am also using a WD Black P50 (NVMe SSD 2TB) with my Xbox Series X and It works just great on last generation games. Make sure to plug the drive into your Xbox Series X and then format the SSD drive for games (you also have the option to format it for media). The drive must be formatted using your Xbox Series X (NOT a PC). Happy gaming .
Thema:

1. Series X Black Screen - Out of Options? - Similar Threads - Series Black Screen

2. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  3. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  4. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  5. Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Borderlands 3 black screen after waking up TV but can hear the Xbox/game sounds: I have an Xbox Series S and I am playing Borderlands 3. I have been playing this game for years without this issue. I do not recall doing any updates recently, but I know everything is up to do...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. Xbox Series X Black Screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Black Screen: I’m having a hard time figuring out how to solve this problem I just started having. Everytime I log into my main account and go into the home it freezes for a second then acts like I opened an...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. Xbox Series X starts up with black screen, until I restart it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X starts up with black screen, until I restart it.: So this issue only started in the last couple of weeks. I have the xbox set to sleep instead of fully shut down, sometimes when it is turned on the screen is just black but you can hear the sound...
  10. My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S has a the black screen problem but I can’t fix it: I’ve got a Xbox series S that has been very nice since I’ve gotten it but I had the “black screen of death” problem recently and I looked up some YouTube videos on it and they all said the same...