Series x audio stutters

Discus and support Series x audio stutters in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My audio on my series x has started stuttering on all games and apps even the home screen . I have tried a different hdmi cable and the problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bluraysucks, May 13, 2023.

1. bluraysucks
    bluraysucks Guest

Series x audio stutters

My audio on my series x has started stuttering on all games and apps even the home screen . I have tried a different hdmi cable and the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

:)

bluraysucks, May 13, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Series x audio stutters

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please turn off your console then disconnect all the external devices connected with it, turn on your console without the external devices and check if the audio works fine.

If it still doesn't work, try doing a complete power cycle.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.
  3. Guzzisan Win User

Xbox Series X audio stutter

Similar issue for me. Have xbox series x connected to lg cx and cx connected via e-arc to tsr-700 receiver and 5.1.2 system. Even booting up the console the audio cuts in and out/ stutters! Tried watching some uhd blu rays and same issue. It comes and
    goes, not constant, but very frustrating
  4. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

Hello FlamedSlayer,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community. Just a reminder, here on community we are not able to double check accounts and devices to check for the possible issue. What we can do here is provide/guide customers with possible troubleshooting steps for the issue.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing audio stuttering on your Xbox Series X despite trying various troubleshooting steps. Since you've already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you try the following:

1. Reset your Xbox Series X to its default settings.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. Use this option when selling or gifting the console, or as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It resets the OS and deletes all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.
    2. Check if your Xbox Series X is overheating. Overheating can cause audio stuttering and other performance issues. Make sure your Xbox is well-ventilated and not placed in a confined space. You can also try using a cooling pad or fan to keep your Xbox cool.

Regarding your question about opening the console without voiding the warranty, I would advise against it as it can void your warranty. If you're still experiencing issues after trying all the troubleshooting steps, it's best to contact Xbox Support for assistance.

If the issue still persists, it would be the best to contact our dedicated Xbox Live support for the best troubleshooting.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns. I will be waiting for you and I would be more than glad to assist you further.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. BRabbit119 Win User

Gears of War 5 - Sound Problems (spoken text is to quiet with a headset)

the audio when using my turtle beach 600 stutters but when i used my speakers the audio does not stutter can anyone please help
Thema:

Series x audio stutters

1. Series x audio stutters - Similar Threads - Series audio stutters

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  4. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  5. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  7. Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Twitch Broadcast Glitching Party Audio: Hey, this has been happening for a while on my stream. Usually re opening the party fixes it but not today. So turning here for advice. Basicly. Game audio and my own voice come through clearly,...
  8. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  9. Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X running Beta Ring Audio Stutters when not using headset: I have noticed that when I have my TV set Audio to TV Speakers it sounds just fine. But if I have ARC enabled(going to my Apple TV 4K Gen 2) playing on my HomePod Minis in stereo. Everything else...
  10. Series S Audio Stuttering

in XBoX on Windows
    Series S Audio Stuttering: I have noticed that the audio on my series s "stutters" intermittently. This happens regardless of what I am playing or watching (Games, Netflix YouTube, etc). I usually have to restart my xbox...