Series X Audio Cutting Out / Volume Fluctuating with Speakers

Discus and support Series X Audio Cutting Out / Volume Fluctuating with Speakers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the past week or so I have had an issue with the volume of my Series X cutting out, or fluctuating between loud or extremely quiet. Seems to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Biig Me, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Biig Me
    Biig Me Guest

So the past week or so I have had an issue with the volume of my Series X cutting out, or fluctuating between loud or extremely quiet. Seems to be happening intermittently but sometimes it happens like every 30 seconds or so. I'm not sure if this is a hardware issue or a firmware one but its really irritating. I thought it was just one game but it seems to be just the entire console.

My setup is a Series X connected to an LG monitor (LG 27GL83A-B) using the supplied HDMI cord, and I have Bose Companion 2 speakers hooked up to the headphone jack in the monitor... or at least I did. I read that the LG monitors have had issues with the connections getting weird so I got an HDMI Audio Extractor (JTD18G-H5CH) hoping that would solve the issue, and it did- for exactly 1 day.

As I'm typing this the background music for Destiny is all over the place with volume, I ordered new HDMI cables to put that issue to bed, but with the audio extractor I was already using a different cable.

Trouble Shooting Steps so Far:

• Different HDMI Cable
    • Different 3.5mm Aux cable
    • HDMI Audio Extractor
      • Tried with both 3.5mm cables
    • Factory reset console (did the keep games and apps option)
    I'm really not sure what else I can do here, my console is out of warranty.... however I do *not* have this issue with my Astro A50 headphones hooked up to the console via usb. So any advice for what can be done here would be appreciated

:)

Biig Me, Jul 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Biig

May I know if you're able to test your console audio with a completely different screen/TV?

Just in case, as you said. Is an issue with the monitor itself

In the meantime I can advise you couple thing more to try :

1. Try changing your Xbox audio settings
    Open Settings > General > Volume & audio output >
    There try each option on HDMI audio, Stereo, 5.1, etc
    In case you have Atmos, try disabling it temporarily

2. In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be updated from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Hope it helps, if you have further questions feel free to ask
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Biig Me Win User

So I have basically just been living with this problem, but today I changed my settings .... I have a monitor so my output is 1440p, I have this issue when I have my refresh rate of my Xbox set to 120hz.... I changed my rate to 60Hz and there doesn't seem to be any audio dropping anymore.

So basically Xbox isn't able to handle 1440p and 120hz.... I'd rather not leave it at 60 but for now I guess I have to, is there any other settings I could tweak to make this work?
  4. Biig Me Win User

So weirdly enough, plugging it into my other TV made my Xbox decide to work, at least for 3ish hours then the volume fluctuations started again. I have new HDMI cables coming in today so maybe it is just the ones I'm using, but I am also going to try the offline update later today and will respond with how that works.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update, don’t worry!
    Keep me posted about how it went

Take care in the meantime
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
Thema:

1. Series X Audio Cutting Out / Volume Fluctuating with Speakers - Similar Threads - Series Audio Cutting

2. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  3. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  4. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  5. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  6. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  7. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...
  8. Why is my audio cutting out on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my audio cutting out on my series X: So I got a series x in June and a month ago ive noticed the audio cuts out after I start the console. I have two microsoft official headsets and they experience the same issue. both of these...
  9. Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x: So I have been using the official xbox wireless headset and for some reason whenever I start up the console the audio starts cutting out when doing anything. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  10. My xbox series x audio is cutting out

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series x audio is cutting out: So I have had a xbox series x for about three months. In the past two weeks I have started experiencing audio cutting out when I start my xbox. The only way to stop this from happening is to...