Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

Discus and support Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm posting here to confirm what I've read from various forums, etc... I went from a 360 (never any audio problems) to Series X with minor to major... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaveyHatton, Mar 21, 2021.

  1. DaveyHatton
    DaveyHatton Guest

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?


    I'm posting here to confirm what I've read from various forums, etc... I went from a 360 (never any audio problems) to Series X with minor to major audio lag with ANY Bitstream output (I'm forced to use bitstream through my television (2020 Samsung) --> soundbar, due to other wacky audio surround issues with the X and direct HDMI feed to a Nakamichi PRO 7.1 DTS:X (2018 SSE upgraded) soundbar.I've tried everything (optical out, television speakers only to eliminate possible delay to soundbar) and am experiencing the issues that most are reporting in various scenarios. From "best" to worst for bitstream would be DTS (barely noticeable, but still noticeable when compared to any of the uncompressed options), then good old fashioned Dolby Digital (Seriously!?!, this seems like the most common setup), and then ATMOS is AWFUL. This delay is noticeable with menu selection sounds and in-game f/x (Just fire off a shotgun in DOOM Eternal), but obviously not there in video streaming apps.

    This seems like a major problem that everyone would be experiencing but perhaps not noticing right away, so I'm very surprised that this hasn't been fixed already (especially since it sounds like it was an issue with Xone but could be worked around with optical from console to receiver)

    As I mentioned before, my soundbar has been freaking out in various settings (but always some kind of problem) 5.1/7.1 uncompressed cuts out some center channel dialog, and both uncompressed/bit stream most of the times (but not always) distort out my subwoofer/rear speakers. To further complicate matters, my soundbar --> subwoofer is wireless, but I've turned off 5 Ghz on my router, and from what I understand the controllers also operate in the 5Ghz spaces (to eliminate possible interference as a reason for surround issues, I simply switched over to a television app with Xbox/Controller still on and the distortion issue goes away...)

    Conclusion is that there's definitely a common with bitstream ANYTHING lag, and something about the Series X doesn't agree with my soundbar (Yep, also have changed to 1080P to avoid possible bandwidth issues), and from multiple issues that other folks are having with their sound equipment, it doesn't seem like a problem specific to my soundbar setup.

    :)
     
    DaveyHatton, Mar 21, 2021
    #1
  2. SpaceTerraMoto Win User

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

    The audio latency with Xbox Wireless Headset and others using the same fragile protocol is laughable and a real shame imo. Had to switch to stereo uncompressed and plug my old wired headphones into my monitor's shabby phone jack in order to play Rocksmith with just bearable latency. Headset plugged to controller is just as bad as anything Xbox Wireless (which also develops massive signal degradation/pulsing distortion every few minutes.

    I really hope some manufacturer brings HDMI 4k/60 audio extractors that are VRR capable to market one day. TBH, Microsoft should actually go ahead and do just that in order to fix their mess.
  3. MathieuPaul Win User

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

    This was a disappointment as I was excited to switch to xbox since having a ps4 and ps4 pro. I am guessing this choice was made to save and keep cost down and competitive. But I cannot stand watching cutscenes with lips talking and gunshots out of sync, not in 2021. On my ps4 pro I had an optical cable put to receiver on DTS to fix delay issues.

    I have a Samsumg Q9FN 65" and for my Xbox Series X my TV would only accept dolby or stereo. Dolby had terrible delay and I was not going to settle with stereo after making a big purchase plus game pass ultimate playing 4k hrd games. I 2ant to use my 5.1 setup. I bought an video audio extractor hoping to solve the issue but now I have to lose VRR (Freesync). Presently I have my Xbox Series X going into the extractor and optical out from.the extractor going to my receiver with Bitstream DTS and I still am getting a small delay. A small but noticeable . A delay I did not have with my PS4 Pro. Dolby is unbearable as mentioned above. I even bought the new Xbox headset and was hoping to enjoy atmos but I'm getting a delay with atmos and so have to settle with winfows sonic for headphones with a small but noticeable. I s this because the headset doesn't come with a USB adapter and is Bluetooth? Anyways, this is not acceptable on a 2021 console. I should not have to struggle with audio delay issues like this. I love my Xbox Series X but this was disappointing .
  4. NabilElmjati Win User

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

    Could not be the tv as my ps5 works fine with the same setup. My ps4 pro worked fine too and so does my pc with atmos as well. The only issue i have is with the series x.
  5. Renaud Morin Lamarre Win User

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

    You are not alone and I've reported this in other threads as well.

    The thing to note here is that this issue happens ONLY on the Series X versus other rival consoles with the same setup (no issue on PS5/4/3, Nintendo Wii U/Switch) so I find it awfully disrespectful when MS reps are pointing fingers at our TVs or audio setups. This is clearly a console firmware/software issue.
  6. LeonardoBittencourt3 Win User

    Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

    Same issue here.

    My setup:

    Xbox Series X -> HDMI -> Samsung Q70

    Samsung Q70 -> Optical -> Amazon Echo Studio

    Minimal Delay on DTS

    Ultra High Delay on Dolby Digital.

    If you use a streaming app directly from the TV the problem isn't noticed.

    Trued the same configuration with my PS4 Pro and didn't get the issue also.

    Microsoft, this problem is yours!!
Thema:

Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)?

Loading...
  1. Series X ANY Bitstream audio lag (TV, receiver, whatever)? - Similar Threads - Series Bitstream audio

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  10. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...