series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +

Discus and support series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital + in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Samsung QLED TV and a Sonos Arc connected. I can turn on Dolby Digital+ for other apps, but not for the Series X. I can see the options the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Philip B, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Philip B
    Philip B Guest

series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital +

I have a Samsung QLED TV and a Sonos Arc connected. I can turn on Dolby Digital+ for other apps, but not for the Series X. I can see the options the other device provides change when I change some of the audio options, but the Xbox and TV both never allow for Dolby Digital+ which won't let the other device choose it either.

:)

Philip B, Feb 18, 2022
  2. XBF - Amory Win User

Good afternoon,

Currently, due to the nature of the problem, the ask for folks is to continue to submit bug reports while the issue is still being investigated.

Stay safe.
  3. ELVIS7 Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Interesting post, thank you for trying and posting your findings.

I've had the audio delay issue for years and tried everything. I had the nu8000 Samsung TV before and recently got the qn90b and the issue is still present.

My set up is, Xbox series x > qn90b > onkyo 676.

If I do 5.1, stereo uncompressed, mono, there's no delay. There is only an audio delay with dolby atmos for home theatre option.

Your suggestion does not work on my end however, because the only way I can set the qn90b to pass-through is if I unselect the dolby atmos option under it, which allows me to change audio output format from auto or pcm, to pass-through but when I do that, the Xbox series x no longer detects my set up as dolby 5.1/7.1/atmls capable and says not supported so I can't even force the Xbox to output atmos.

As for the qn90b audio delay option, it's already at 0, and the delay is very noticeable in shooter games, but especially while watching movie.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Series X Audio Passthrough\Dolby Atmos doesn't work for Netflix or Disney + app

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

Make sure your TV and AVR are compatible with Dolby Atmos: Both your TV and AVR need to support Dolby Atmos in order for the feature to work properly. Check the manufacturer's website to verify that your TV and AVR support Dolby Atmos.

Check the audio settings on your TV and AVR: Make sure that both your TV and AVR are set to the correct audio output mode for Dolby Atmos. For example, on your TV, you may need to set the audio output to "Bitstream" or "Dolby Digital Plus." On your AVR, you may need to set the audio input to "Dolby Digital Plus" or "Dolby Atmos."

Check for updates: Make sure that your TV, AVR, and Xbox are all up to date with the latest software. You may be able to check for updates in the settings menu of each device.

Check the audio settings on your Xbox: Go to the settings menu on your Xbox and select "Display & sound," then choose "Audio output." Make sure that "Dolby Atmos" is selected as the audio format and that "Audio passthrough" is enabled.

Try a different HDMI port: If you're using an HDMI splitter or switch, try connecting your Xbox directly to your TV or AVR to see if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved when using a different HDMI port, there may be an issue with the splitter or switch.
  5. SteveVrettos Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Sure Geri, thanks for the reply. As an update, I ran further tests with Xbox support via phone this morning. Long post, but....

Results as follows:

Connection path - Series X > HDMI 2.1 cable > Samsung QN85B HDMI port 4 > QN85B eARC port (2.0b spec) >HDMI 2.1 cable > HW-Q700A eARC port (2.0b marketed as 2.1 48gbps port)

Enabling game mode results in Xbox detecting capability for DD 5.1 (COMPRESSED), Stereo Uncompressed and Atmos. Enabling/disabling game surround sound option in TV game mode settings causes no detection change. Disabling game mode entirely allows detection of 5.1 uncompressed audio capability by Xbox. No lag, no drop out. Crisp and clear audio. However this also disables Auto HDR recognition by TV, even if 4:2:2 check box is enabled in video settings. Games with built in HDR do initiate QMS in TV for HDR mode. As previously noted, in 1 of 20 attempts at cycling CEC on Series X I did get a positive pull for 7.1 uncompressed, but it disabled as soon as I opened a streaming video app.

When switching display mode from auto detect to HDMI in Xbox video settings, Xbox loses positive detection for 4K 60/120, HDR and VRR (I'm aware this is a known issue) however I gain positive detection on additional audio formats the HW-Q700A is capable of. (Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital 5.1,

5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed and DTS/DTS:X)

Connection Path: Series X > HDMI 2.1 cable > HW-Q700A > HDMI 2.1 cable > QN85B eARC port (HDMI 2.0B) maintained all correct audio detection, lost 120hz green light but oddly VRR remained active. Inadequate time to test actual framerate output in practice.

Xbox series X currently removed from outsider program builds for testing. Video settings enabled : 4k, HDR 10, Auto HDR, 50hz and 24 hz. Display mode auto detect, 10 bit color with profile set as PC RGB. Switching to any combination of 8bit, 10bit, 12bit, standard and/PC RGB makes no difference in settings detection, but set as is produces marked changes when setting TV color profile to bt.2020.

Maybe a whole bunch of nonsense, maybe something I'm missing. I don't know.
  6. editor offline Win User

Dolby Digital decode & audio options

Hello NewBlacksmurf,

Yeah all those options are there, but they effect the whole console and locks it to that choice, so if you select stereo and play a game or watch TV that has a Dolby digital signal, the console doesn't switch to DD its stays on stereo.

For some reason the xb1 doesn't seem to auto detect the audio signal, if that's the case then an option to select just the TV audio compression would be useful (similar to the 50hz for TV under the troubleshooting video option).
Thema:

1. series x and tv both trying to auto-detect audio and i can't choose dolby digital + - Similar Threads - series both trying

2. Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Both my controller and my headset have started to not connect to my xbox series x: EverytimeI try to connect my controller and Bluetooth xbox headset to my xbox its just doesn't work f8f763ee-d568-4cde-8e12-af4b6f0d075a
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 will both register a keystroke as well as a button prompt: As the title says, my Xbox elite series 2 will register both a keystroke and a button prompt when I press a button, not only that, it registers as both a controller and a virtual keyboard from...
  4. Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just picked up a new Xbox Elite controller Series 2 and both triggers are unresponsive the...: Ordered a brand new controller online from Amazon plugged it in everything works except the triggers feeling like I just wasted my money and time waiting for the product I have done updates I've...
  5. I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have...: I have went to argos twice to buy a elite series 2 core controller but both times they have came out of the box with a wobbly and broken right stick b2106119-3ac3-41fd-9220-c0c9f5a83d2c
  6. Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox Live when playing 360 games, both on Series X and a 360 console: Hi, guys. It's me. Senior ambassador and Xbox product tester. Sign in is broken for 360 games on the Series X again! Can't sign in on my 360 console either. January, July, October and now...
  7. I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series...: I cannot join my friend nor can he join me in xbox one games. We both have xbox series consoles. f8b46043-3d91-4bb2-9867-388c6e3a7c7c
  8. Will both the Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will both the Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 Xbox 360 discs work on the Xbox Series X?: My Xbox 360 is broken and I was wondering if the discs for the Xbow 360 games:Lego Batman The Video Game 1&2 work on thr Xbox Series X. 5a8c130e-21de-40a6-8a89-642bde240e2b
  9. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  10. Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x: I will have two consoles in my house, an xbox one and an xbox series x. If I buy a gamepass subscription on the series x, will it cover the xbox one? a914e2f1-c717-46ad-849e-0c69a6b9fe05