Series X, Alpha, MSFS Persistent frame drops if I don’t clear cache a few times per day.

Discus and support Series X, Alpha, MSFS Persistent frame drops if I don’t clear cache a few times per day. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am not sure if it’s an MSFS issue or preview OS issue but yeah I need to do a full power cycle to clear the cache pretty frequently in order to clear... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PeverellPhoenix, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Series X, Alpha, MSFS Persistent frame drops if I don’t clear cache a few times per day.

I am not sure if it’s an MSFS issue or preview OS issue but yeah I need to do a full power cycle to clear the cache pretty frequently in order to clear the system from the memory hungry MSFS or else in game activity becomes very choppy and suffers extreme frame drops while in a flight. It is not resolved from a force quit of the game alone.

I did submit a report, but I’m unsure if it’s the game that needs some TLC on Xbox or the preview OS.

Cheers

submitted by /u/PeverellPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

/u/PeverellPhoenix, Aug 6, 2021
  2. rma316 Win User

Random fps drops

You can try clearing the in game cache. Holding LB, RB and X at the Bethesda screen until the Press Start screen comes up. That's helped me when I was experiencing drops in the frame rate.
  3. Michael Garza1 Win User

Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes for Outer World Spacer Choice upgrade dlc.

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help. This procedure may help resolve this issue: How to clear cache on Xbox Series X|S consoles Press the Xbox button on the controller. Go to your profile icon and select “Settings”. Select "Devices and Connections", then "Blu-ray". Select "Persistent Storage". Select "Clear Persistent Storage". (Note ) Clearing the cache removes all game updates already downloaded. You will need to download these updates again the next time you play the game. Hope I helped and see you soon
    In having a Series S, I found that I had to do a full reset since there is no Blu-Ray option. Reset again, still do not see the Series S|X version of either game.

I still have to search the Store to be able to download the X|S versions.
  4. Greg Pace Win User

For the last few days I haven’t been getting battlepass unlocks that I’ve tokened and achievements aren’t coming through either.

Unfortunately I’ve attempted this a few times with no success. Would clearing the cache be the next step and what’s the most effective way to clear the cache on the series s?
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Performance benefit of Xbox Series X vs Series S - Hardware-Limited to 1440p 120Hz

Will the Series X output a higher Refresh Rate at 1440p than at 2160p (4K), for games limited to 60Hz or lower at 4K?

Your thinking is correct. The game is still rendering at 4K internally (or whatever the developer has set) and is then downscaled by a form of ‘super sampling’ down to the resolution the screen is in. This isn’t any different
    in playing said game at full resolution on a 4K display. There are no performance benefits. It’s designed to ensure the best picture quality on multiple types of TV’s/Monitors with their varied native resolutions.

The games with full 120Hz support are games that can run up to 120 fps (frames per second). These games don’t run in 4K, they are either locked to 1080P or use a dynamic 1440P resolution. There may be some simpler Indi titles
    that can run at 4K 120 (or dynamic 4K), but don’t expect AAA titles to be able to do this.

For example, a game runs at 1440p 60Hz on the Series S, and at 4K 60Hz on the X. When used with my 1440p monitor, will I be able to get an improved refresh rate/framerate at 1440p (90/120Hz) out of the Series X? Or will it still render natively
    in 4K or be capped by the developer, and therefore gain no performance benefit by outputting the lower resolution of 1440p?

Depends on the game really. Not all Series games can run at 60 fps. The new Assassins Creed Valhalla for example is dynamic 4K on Series X but 1080P 30 fps on Series S and does not have any performance options. Unlike Dirt 5 that
    can run at 120 fps on both consoles, albeit with graphics settings compromises. It really depends on what optimisations the developer has implemented for each platform.

There is also a lot of confusion about the other benefits of 120Hz and VRR, let me explain:

On a standard 60Hz display, you get a new image (a frame) every 16.7ms (milliseconds). This means that if your game is targeting 60fps,
    but crucially, not hitting it, you have to wait an additional 16.7ms until the next frame appears. This makes a game that is failing to perform appear like it’s stuttering/juddering.

On a 120Hz refresh, the scene updates every 8.3ms. If a game has a frame ready, rather than wait 16.7ms, it does it in half the time. This isn’t the same as running a game at 120fps though, that’s a different process. But interestingly,
    because the display is refreshing at a faster rate, a dropped frame stutter is effectively cut in half. And believe me, a heck of a lot of Xbox games – even on the One X – fail to hit their targeted frame rate. The faster refresh gives the impression of smoother
    performance when frames are dropped, even if the game itself isn’t actually rendering any faster.

A 120Hz refresh also has a benefit even on games that have a 30fps lock. Per-frame persistence is lower, and so games still feel smoother when they drop frames – Sekiro, I’m looking at you!

120Hz doesn’t improve how a 60 fps or 30 fps game performs or how it feels, it only makes a difference when a game can’t hold its target frame rate. A locked 30 fps game (with no frame drops) will still feel as it does running
    on a traditional 60Hz display.

There is one massive caveat between these two consoles that may sway you more towards Series X than S and this is storage.

Series S Internal SSD is 512GB (360 GB usable) whereas the X is 1TB (about 870GB useable).

While both support external drives, only the Internal SSD or the expensive 1TB Expansion Card SSD can run Series X/S games. External drives connected via USB can only play BC titles (Xbox One, 360 and original Xbox). You can store
    Series X/S games on USB drives, but you can’t play them from here.

The Expansion SSD costs almost as much as the Series S costs. So, a Series S and an Expansion card will set you back almost as much as buying a Series X.
  6. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Purchased THPS upgrade dlc, why doesn’t Series S|X version show in my Library? Same goes for Outer World Spacer Choice upgrade dlc.

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help.

This procedure may help resolve this issue: How to clear cache on Xbox Series X|S consoles
    Press the Xbox button on the controller.
    Go to your profile icon and select “Settings”.
    Select "Devices and Connections", then "Blu-ray".
    Select "Persistent Storage".
    Select "Clear Persistent Storage". (Note ) Clearing the cache removes all game updates already downloaded. You will need to download these updates again the next time you play the game.

Hope I helped and see you soon
Thema:

Series X, Alpha, MSFS Persistent frame drops if I don’t clear cache a few times per day.

1. Series X, Alpha, MSFS Persistent frame drops if I don’t clear cache a few times per day. - Similar Threads - Series Alpha MSFS

2. Xbox Series elite 2 Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series elite 2 Issue: Is there any fix for a brand new controller for the “LT” bumper not wanting to work it will work on the top two settings but in the last one with the less pull it just does not want to work I’ve...
  3. I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought xbox series x 2 days ago and I got to know about a banned on the console.pls I...: [Mod removed] Seriel number of the console .SN:(Mod Removed) 29138814-07da-40fa-8363-bc6ff1e74832
  4. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  5. Alpha Ring - Problems with secondary/Alt Accounts on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring - Problems with secondary/Alt Accounts on Xbox Series X: I am having issues with my secondary/alt/Child accounts on the Xbox Series X since the latest update on the Alpha ring. I have been seeing consistent freezing and sound dropouts only on these...
  6. Alpha ring insider xbox series and xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring insider xbox series and xbox one: Hello,now i preview beta ring,please help me get into the alpha ring,because as far as i know, you can only get there by invitation, thanks you in advance. I want to help test the performance of...
  7. Xbox Series X slow after Alpha (2310.231001-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X slow after Alpha (2310.231001-2200): Hi! Dashboard is slow to load, games has a slower start time and always sync data after Alpha (2310.231001-2200) submitted by /u/alissonsalin [link] [comments]
  8. Random Xbox Series controller disconnects after update (Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Random Xbox Series controller disconnects after update (Alpha Ring): Hello, my girlfriend recently updated her Xbox Series controller (which came with her Series X Console) with an recent update in the Alpha Ring but after that update her controller keeps...
  9. [Xbox Series X; Alpha Ring] Recently Installed Row is misaligned.

in XboX Insiders
    [Xbox Series X; Alpha Ring] Recently Installed Row is misaligned.: As you could be able to see (if this sub let me post pictures) the Recently Installed Row of the Manage Queue page is Misaligned resulting in one thumbnail creating it's own second row... It looks...
  10. Alpha skip ahead ring support / recently transferred to series x

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead ring support / recently transferred to series x: Hello I'm reaching out to see if it's possible to have my alpha skip ahead ring status transferred to my series x I was previously invited to this tier on my one x and love the new builds and the...