Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues

Discus and support Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RayRayy4528, Sep 21, 2022.

1. RayRayy4528
    RayRayy4528 Guest

Lately every 4K blu ray I play is having issues with freezing and then jumping ahead by like 30 seconds. Never had this issue until about 2 months ago while watching a Planet Earth doc. Thought it was the disc but the other day it also happened with Dune (2021) as well as Skyfall. Happens 1-2 times in each movie. Anyone else having this problem?

:)

RayRayy4528, Sep 21, 2022
  2. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

Hello SonicXHero, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Blu-ray playback on your Xbox Series X. I can offer some steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Xbox Series X is running the latest system software. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address issues with Blu-ray playback.

2. Some Blu-ray discs require firmware updates for proper playback. Check for any available updates on your console.

3. On your Xbox Series X, navigate to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Clear Persistent Storage." This will clear any temporary data that might be affecting the playback.

4. Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage, and select "Reset Blu-ray." This will reset the Blu-ray settings to their default values.

5. If possible, try playing other Blu-ray discs to see if the issue is specific to certain movies or if it occurs with all discs. This can help determine if the problem is related to the console or the specific Blu-ray discs.

It's worth noting that occasionally, certain Blu-ray discs can have compatibility issues with specific players or consoles. If the problem persists with multiple copies of the same disc, it's possible that there may be an issue with the disc's encoding or compatibility with the Xbox Series X.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Red264 Win User

The Xbox One S 4K Blu-Ray Player Is A Disaster...Good Job!!

There are a number of AV issues with the Xbox One S/X and UHD Blu-ray playback, your guess is as good as mine if they will be fixed.

Certain UHD titles are broken and will not play.

Dolby Atmos is unreliable.

4K AV receiver HDMI handshaking issues.

Image quality issues, the wrong color matrix being used in Blu-ray playback (see review comparison

in link
    ).

They could have broken something on the One S in their rush to fix the broken Blu-ray HDR on the One X with the 10.0.16299.4037 that includes said HDR fix.
  5. Zahidul I. Chowdhury Win User

XBOX ONE S poor HDR support with UHD BluRays

I'm having similar issue with HDR content especially through 4K UHD Blu-ray playback. There seems to be no fix for past 10 months. This is very poor of Microsoft to ignore. Now that Xbox One X is out, it too have HDR issues with 4K UHD player & Netflix app.
  6. Rcbynature Win User

4k support

several new release Blu-Rays are coming mastered in 4K so its time the Xbox One did an update to support the playback. I have a 4K tv and dont want to pay out for another blu ray surround to get 4k support when the Xbox could and should support playback..its
    only firmware afterall isnt it?
Thema:

1. Series X 4K Blu Ray Playback Issues - Similar Threads - Series Blu Ray

2. Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray Player won't install from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X.: I tried downloading the Blu-Ray Player from the Microsoft Store, and for some reason, it refuses to actually download. It remains stuck at 0% despite me having left it to download overnight in...
  3. Xbox series X blu ray playback

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X blu ray playback: Xbox series X blu ray playback randomly zooms in and out slightly while playing a movie. Its very sporadic. Xbox is up to date, discs are immaculate, no fingerprints, scratches, etc. I'm re...
  4. Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the Xbox series x have Dolby vision playback support for 4k blu ray discs ?: Does the Xbox series x support Dolby vision playback for the 4k blu ray disc movies ? not streaming capability I seem to be able to activate HDR but not Dolby vision for movie discs , is there a...
  5. Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs

in XBoX on Windows
    Series X only playing certain Blu Ray discs: I am talking specifically about a brand new blu ray box set of The Pacific. Discs 1,3 and 5 work ok but discs 2 and 3 dont,i load in the disc,the screen goes black and stays black....nothing. Ive...
  6. I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put a dvd in my series x and controller wont work with blu ray disk player: updated everything my series x is up to date i launch blu ray disc player and on dvd menu i cant scroll to anything like for instance an 90s dvd you have dvd menu scenes features etc or most...
  7. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  8. Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray: Copy and paste post from another person with the same issue that got no answers: tried installing forza horizon with a disc on my Xbox series X as it is now backwards compatible. insert the disc...
  9. Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Blu-Ray Playback So Buggy On Series X?: I tried playing some of my 4Ks like The Incredibles and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they seem to be buggy when played on Series X. They work just fine on my dedicated player. Good examples of these...
  10. Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit overthe series x blu ray

in XBoX on Windows
    Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit overthe series x blu ray: Thinking about filing a class action lawsuit over the series x blu ray issues everyone is having Microsoft keeps saying the solution is to reset your Xbox or hard reset your Xbox when my Xbox One...