Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9

Discus and support Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; An Ultrawide update-patch or game developers support the 21:9 setting without system update, possible..? 1cbcbe3d-31b7-4c8b-a395-797a7c016d94 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Beerholik, Nov 4, 2021.

  1. Beerholik
    Beerholik Guest

    Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9


    An Ultrawide update-patch or game developers support the 21:9 setting without system update, possible..?

    :)
     
    Beerholik, Nov 4, 2021
    #1
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9

    You would be best to post a request for this feature to the feedback site. Xbox Feedback
  3. ArmyofOne94F Win User

    Will Xbox Series X|S be compatible with 21:9 (ultrawide) aspect ratio?

    I ask this question as I was seriously considering getting an Xbox Series S for my ultrawide monitor in my studio, however, after reading up on it I discovered that it only displays in 16:9 aspect ratio. When displayed on an ultrawide monitor (21:9), it shows 2 black bars either side or stretches the image which is not ideal.

    Apparently, both consoles have the horse power to display on an ultrawide monitor, so I'm hoping this could be fixed with a firmware update. The benefits of this are obviously having an extended field of view and better gaming experience, particularly when playing driving games such as Forza Horizon 5. It would also give Microsoft a "one up" on PlayStation who also don't currently display on ultrawide monitors. I will hold out on buying a new console until this feature is available
    So I late reply but was looking at this, but my Xbox series x now support ultra wide monitor, I have a 1440p ultrawide I use for my PC and I moved my Xbox from my TV to my office and the Xbox doesn't have black bars like it used to have... It's awesome but the Xbox only supports 1080p at 21:9 and been playing Forza horizon 5 and cyberpunk and they both are playing in 21:9 I am wondering if it would work on a 4k 21:9 monitor now... But it works now.
  4. PMathan Win User

    Xbox series X ultrawide 32:9

    Yes, but you will have black bars on either side as the Xbox Series X|S only supports the 16:9 aspect ratio and not the super ultrawide 32:9 aspect ratio of the G9. The Xbox does detect it as 4K UHD + HDR so still looks super nice.
  5. smalltownusa_2012 Win User

    Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

    Not being a programmer I can understand it would take some effort to have support for 21:9. That being said I just wish MS would just come out with a statement that Series X will or will not support 21:9 so people can move on to other monitor(s) purchases.
  6. BreitseiteOne Win User

    Series X ultrawide support

    My lg 21:9 monitor is the reason why i switch from xbox one to pc, i hope the series x support 21:9
Thema:

Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9

Loading...
  1. Series S/X Ultrawide 21:9 - Similar Threads - Series Ultrawide

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...