Series s won't turn on after unplugging it.

Discus and support Series s won't turn on after unplugging it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have this weird issue. Let's say I'm using my series s just fine, then I want to move the console to an other part of my house, so I unplug it. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nikosspyropoylos, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Series s won't turn on after unplugging it.

I have this weird issue. Let's say I'm using my series s just fine, then I want to move the console to an other part of my house, so I unplug it. When I plug it back in the console won't turn on, it's like dead, it does nothing, but if I leave it unplugged for 1 to 2 hours, it will somehow work again.

It's not the power cord, it's not the outlet either.

Is this a psu problem or could it be the motherboard as well? I want to be sure, cause if it is just the psu it's a cheap fix, but if it's not I don't want to spend money for nothing.

:)

nikosspyropoylos, Oct 31, 2022
  2. nikosspyropoylos Win User

I fully shut down the console through the power options menu, then once the light on the xbox logo is off I unplug it
  3. nikosspyropoylos Win User

Nope, I'm not using any betas

It first happened about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to move it, so I turned it of and when I tried to turn it back on after a few minutes it wouldn't work.

I tried again after a few hours and then it worked.
  4. nikosspyropoylos Win User

Well, the console eventually died completely, wouldn't work at all.

I changed the psu now it's working fine. Turns out that was the problem after all.

Very easy and cheap fix, if anyone else has the same problem just go for it and replace it
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Are you not using an insider build / beta OS in your console?

Also, when this started to happen? Do you know?
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, I can advise you two more things before considering a hardware issue:

A. Do a factory reset but keeping games and apps
    Go to settings > system > console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps (or if you don't mind select remove everything)

Just to let you know, your saved progress and game licenses are attached to your Microsoft account and on the cloud

B. Perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.
    For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with detailed steps and requirements):

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. Series s won't turn on after unplugging it. - Similar Threads - Series won't turn

2. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  3. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  4. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  5. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  6. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  7. My Xbox series S won't turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won't turn on.: It won't beep, the LED won't come on, nothing. I KNOW my power supply works because I used my Xbox 7 days ago and that's when it was having the flashing black screen issue (Which is still not...
  8. My launch Series X won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My launch Series X won't turn on: Pushing the power button causes it to turn on and beep for about 1 second, and then it immediately turns off. I've done all the trouble shooting to try and get this thing working again, but the...
  9. Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't turn on, but has power to all USB ports: My Series X Console was having a weird issue where the controller wouldn't turn on the machine, but was fixed once the console was unplugged and plugged back in. Fast forward ~1 week and the...
  10. Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?: My Xbox series X, that I've had without issue for a few months, won't connect to the tv anymore and it turns off after around 30 seconds. The fan doesn't seem to be spinning correctly either- it...