Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore

Discus and support Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of the last few weeks, probably since the console update, my Series S will no longer adjust the volume on my Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver, which it had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nigel Jordan, May 26, 2023.

1. Nigel Jordan
    Nigel Jordan Guest

As of the last few weeks, probably since the console update, my Series S will no longer adjust the volume on my Onkyo TX-NR686 receiver, which it had been doing just fine until a few weeks ago. Is there any current way to solve this? It's bad enough that the Series S won't turn on my tv (even though our XBox One did), but using a bunch of different remotes to control this has gotten ridiculous, especially with having to have the doors to the entertainment center open now.

We are using an IR repeater/blaster, and it worked just fine until the update.

:)

Nigel Jordan, May 26, 2023
  2. Jonny306 Win User

Hello there!

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

For any device to control your TV and any device connected to it, you need to have the Xbox plugged into the HDMI ARC port.

Please make sure it's plugged into that port on your TV.
  3. burtonjeeplj Win User

Issue with Talon Media Remote

George,

its the volume not from the tv but the onkyo receiver I have connected.
  4. Darksun8166 Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

I've never had an issue with

my Onkyo receiver it's actually fixed my issue with my series x and lg c1 issue and my Onkyo receiver came out in 2017 and it supports 4k hdr and Dolby vision. All work perfect. The issue is a Xbox issue as my 360 and my ps3 and my series s never had an issue directly to the tv it's only with the series x and it's strange that you blame the tv when all other devices work but the series x.
  5. WillSmithVXR Win User

XBOX ONE broke my a/v receiver.

Seems to me like your Onkyo Receiver is the problem. Start a warranty claim with them.

Connected devices won't kill an AV receiver and Onkyo are well known for shutting down after a few seconds.

Buy cheap buy twice.
  6. georgekaplin1973 Win User

AV Receiver issue with volume control

Does the order of devices added dictate which device the xbox controls by default. I want my receiver to control volume but the xbox sends volume commands to the tv. I did add the tv first since it was part of the setup routine. I have to go back in and
    add the receiver afterwards. It does control both. Ie it turns them all on or off, but it won't send the volume up command to the receiver.
Thema:

1. Series S won't control volume on Onkyo receiver anymore - Similar Threads - Series won't control

2. My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S Controller Won't Connect To My Xbox One: For a little bit I've been using my Xbox Series S Controller to play on my PC, but when I wanted to play my Xbox One again, the controller just did not work, so I tried to reconnect the controller...
  3. The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    The sync button on my xbox series x won't flash to connect a new controller: I'm trying to sync my controller to my xbox, the light on the controller will flash but the button on the Xbox isn't causing it to flash and sync. Is this a known issue? Is this something I can...
  4. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  5. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  7. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  8. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  9. My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x won't connect to my TV and won't sync with my controller I have tried...: I tried to turn on my xbox with my controller and it didn't work I when to press the button and it didn't come up on the tv so I searched it up and it said power cycle and change batteries I did...
  10. Xbox series x controller won't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller won't work.: My xbox series x controller won't connect to the console itself. I try turning it on but it just wont work. I know it needs to sync to the console, but when I try syncing it the controller refuses...