series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

Discus and support series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J W:nightshade, May 19, 2024.

1. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off.

:)

J W:nightshade, May 19, 2024
  2. J W:nightshade Win User

no video output, doesn't stay on long enough. only two thing were ever plugged into it, headset charge cord and the expansion drive It has always been plugged into a surge protector
  3. - AJ - Win User

Hi, J W! Thank you for your reply and the additional information.

If you haven't already, could you try unplugging all external devices from your console, and then plugging it directly into one of the wall outlets?

If that doesn't work, please check if your console can boot to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. Like this:

• Turn your console off, and unplug its power cord.
    • Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.
    • Press and hold the BIND button, and then press the power button once (do not hold).
    • Continue holding the BIND button for 15 seconds.
    • Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND button after the second power-up tone.
    • The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

Please let me know if these make any difference on your console, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. J W:nightshade Win User

missed a question. Yes, I had it completely unplugged for close to 30 minutes
  5. - AJ - Win User

Hi, J W! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- Besides your TV/monitor, do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

- Is your console plugged directly into one of the wall's outlets? Sometimes power strips, extension cords, surge protectors, and similar devices can cause this kind of problem.

- Have you already tried leaving your console unplugged for a few minutes? 5 - 10 minutes should be more than enough for its internal power supply to reset.

- To clarify, does your console output video signal during the 30 seconds it remains on?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  6. Jacyintha Win User

*URGENT* Games won't update.

"Some content is temporarily unavailable" is usually some sort of networking issue.

Have you tried powercycling your network by turning your xbox off and turning off/unplugging your router and modem for at least 30 seconds?

When you power back up, you need to boot up the modem fully before turning on the router. After that boots up, THEN turn on your xbox and try it again.
Thema:

1. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up - Similar Threads - series turns seconds

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x displays a message after turn on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off...: Xbox series x displays a message after turning on console "This CONSOLE WILL TURN off automatically in 5 minutes " 72bd2691-48d1-4862-a56f-931ce69adbeb
  4. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  5. How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.

in XboX Insiders
    How to disable series s hardware to have it not turn on.: So long story short my friend borrowed my Series S when I went out of town for few weeks and now he is just not giving it back. He just keeps saying give him few days, it has been so long and I...
  6. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  7. The xbox series S turns on by itself.

in XBoX on Windows
    The xbox series S turns on by itself.: I have a multiport usb accessory plugged in to be able to use keyboard and mouse would that be the reason? There is also a headset usb dongle plugged into the accessory. I will turn the xbox off...
  8. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  9. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  10. Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?: My Xbox series X, that I've had without issue for a few months, won't connect to the tv anymore and it turns off after around 30 seconds. The fan doesn't seem to be spinning correctly either- it...