Series s screen going black intermittently

Discus and support Series s screen going black intermittently in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out here because I’m very frustrated, I bought a series s on Black Friday last month, and it had an issue... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PrudentPerspective93, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Series s screen going black intermittently

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me out here because I’m very frustrated, I bought a series s on Black Friday last month, and it had an issue with the screen randomly going black when launching a game or when going from a game to Home Screen. I’d have to restart it (sometimes multiple times for it to work again) I could still here everything and my inputs from the controller worked, but the screen was pitch black, so I returned and got a new one, and it’s doing the SAME THING!! Has anyone experienced this?

submitted by /u/PrudentPerspective93
    [link] [comments]

/u/PrudentPerspective93, Dec 24, 2021
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen

Hi Kevin. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Have you tested if this happens in games other than Fortnite and Roblox?

How often does this happen? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far such as testing a different HDMI cable if possible?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. LocknessMonstr Win User

xbox one s 4k intermittent black screen

I'm having the same issue. When the Xbox One S is set to 8 bit my Vizio M65-D0 will intermittently produce a "Snowy" screen and I have to change inputs in order to clear it. On the 10 bit and 12 bit settings it intermittently will produce a "Black" screen
    that clears itself in a few seconds. This has happened both when streaming content from Amazon and while playing games.
  4. Kelemvor79 Win User

Intermittent black screen

Hello!!

I see that you have made several checks but you have tried to change the HDMI cable of the TV port, if you have it connected in the HDMI 1 test to connect it in the HDMI 2 or 3.

Another thing you can do if you have a family member or a friend is to try the xbox at home or on another TV, otherwise you should take your xbox to check
  5. joe mooradian Win User

MX vs. ATV Legends Black Screen

Having the same exact problem on Xbox series s can play everything but the Rawlings compound just black screen after the cut screen hoping this gets fixed asap
  6. ArdenHornung Win User

forza horizon 4 not starting on series s

Hello, I have the series s too, and forza horizon 4 stopped working. Whenever I pressed a on it, it would go to the black screen (the copyright stuff), then go back to the home screen. I tried restarting my xbox, reinstalling forza, reseting the console, and nothing. Idk what to do, please help me!
Thema:

Series s screen going black intermittently

1. Series s screen going black intermittently - Similar Threads - Series screen going

2. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  3. Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I able to use dual monitors as 1 continuous screen on my Xbox series x: I want to be able to hook my Xbox series up to the 2 monitors and watch as I kick a ball on screen 1 and it'll appear on screen 2.. I don't want to duplicate/mirror the same image....
  4. Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is local split screen not working on Xbox X series: Is Xbox split screen working after update to Fortnite today 3a69d581-243a-45c3-a402-8174b9aebd3c
  5. Xbox series S screen goes black on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S screen goes black on tv: When i boot up elden ring, my tv screen goes black. I don’t know what is causing this problem and I just got elden ring and I really want to play soon. c811b97c-ca0f-47c6-8797-48eabe41f1f2
  6. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  7. Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screens looks broken and crazy colors when starting HD game: I got my Xbox series X about a month or two ago and have had no issues. Today, every time I start a game that has HD enabled, my screen looks cracked with crazy bright colors. I tested non HD...
  8. Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it just go to a white screen when I try to log into my Xbox series X?: I have to put my Microsoft password in every time and now it’s on a white screen only.I’ve tried the recommended soft reset and now it’s only a white screen and can only bring up the option to...
  9. Xbox Series S will not go past the start-up screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S will not go past the start-up screen?: My Xbox Series S shut off one night unexplained. I had watched a movie, turned it off, and when I woke up the next morning, it did not work. The Xbox Series S did turn on, but it would only show...
  10. My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...

in XBoX on Windows
    My series x keeps going green screen and disonecting everything I've reset the console over...: Xbox series x keeps disconnecting everything and going to green screen have done everything I can to fix but still there I can't even play a game anymore 23d0b100-99e8-4489-8944-0b1d49892c68