Series S not recognizing right stick imput?

Discus and support Series S not recognizing right stick imput? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Right thimb stick was working just fone one second then not at all the next. The first thing I did was the button test, the sticks works just... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bradley McKinney, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Series S not recognizing right stick imput?

The Right thimb stick was working just fone one second then not at all the next.

The first thing I did was the button test, the sticks works just fine. The test showed it being pushed down and moving, but as soon as I exit the test it doenst work.

I also tried turning off the magnifier (it was NOT on before the issue). I turned it on, right stick worked, turned it back off and the stick went back to not working. This problem persists accros multiple multiple remotes. I have power cycled with no results. Even my factory reset didn't fix anything.

:)

Bradley McKinney, Apr 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Bradley!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's see what we can do about this matter.

You mentioned that you already performed a factory reset, was it factory reset (keep my games & apps)?

To further isolate the issue, try to connect your controller using a USB cable. Please observe if the issue doesn't persist when connected via cable. Try to check for controller updates via USB cable. Configure your controller mapping - you may restore it to default as well.
  3. MissEdi Win User

Left Stick won't recognize directional imput

Hi there, Dagemaster786,

Have you checked to see if there is any dirt or debris that may be affecting the left stick of the controller? Does this issue seem to occur across various games and apps, or does it seem to occur with one particular game or app? Also, we'd recommend checking
    to see if there are any available updates for the controller. The
    Update your Xbox One Controller
    guide can help you get started with that process.

Let us know if this issue persists or if you have any other support questions!
  4. ROB ROY LIVI Win User

iCloud sync... Error code 0x80072746 Must read if buying New Xbox

Meant to say ice storm had been using USB stick but hadn,t updated it.. Cheer for imput
  5. Fresh♦ Win User

Storage drive

ive tried it on my seris s xbox one s and xbox 1 but it on got recognized by the pc
  6. ngocphi Win User

Why can I not download the deluxe edition for hogwarts on my series s xbox, keeps telling me it is not playable.

Are you sure you dont have the xbox one s or the series s?

If you can stick a disk in then it's a xbox one s (also on the back of the console).

That isn't a series s
Thema:

1. Series S not recognizing right stick imput? - Similar Threads - Series recognizing right

2. XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series S doesn't recognize an External Hard Drive as USB 3.0: Hi there! I'm having some troubles with my XBOX Series S while trying to configure an external hard drive. According to the console, the device isn't fast enough to work as an external storage. It...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  4. Xbox Series not recognizing Astro A30 headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series not recognizing Astro A30 headset: The A30 is a brand new headset and it is unable to connect. The transmitter is green. I have connected the headset to the transmitter and ensured the headset is on Xbox mode in the mobile app. The...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick: will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it reconizes the right but not the left...
  7. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  8. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....
  9. Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rocksmith not recognizing cable on series X?: I bought a brand new realtone cable because the first one wouldn't recognize either. Tried different usb ports, different xboxes, different guitars and different cords. It's a real bummer to waste...
  10. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...