Series S keeps saying I’m playing the same game after I close it

Discus and support Series S keeps saying I’m playing the same game after I close it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So, I’ve been playing Asura’s Wrath as of recent and I closed it earlier, yet xbox keeps saying I was playing Asura’s Wrath. I had played two different... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Frazer Harford, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Series S keeps saying I’m playing the same game after I close it

So, I’ve been playing Asura’s Wrath as of recent and I closed it earlier, yet xbox keeps saying I was playing Asura’s Wrath. I had played two different games and it still said I was playing Asura’s Wrath. It just won’t stop saying I’m playing Asura’s Wrath. I’ve restarted the console twice and have turned it off manually twice, I don’t know why but my Series S just won’t stop showing me as playing a game I’m not playing, and I wanted to ask if I can fix this in any way?

:)

Frazer Harford, Jan 22, 2023
  2. Frazer Harford Win User

Thank you very much, what you said to do did that and sorted the issue, thank you so very much for responding to my question

I wish you a nice day!
  3. John P_14 Win User

You're most welcome, Frazer. I'm glad it's working now. :) Please do me a favor, stay healthy and keep safe out there. Feel free to choose a rating and have a good day!
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

I understand you're experiencing an issue with your Xbox Series S where it's showing that you're still playing Asura's Wrath, even though you've closed the game and started playing other games. This could be caused by a problem with the Xbox's software or a bug in the game.

Kindly force quit the game by following the steps below;

1. Start by pressing the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Verify that the game or app you wish to close is highlighted from the mini-guide on the left side of the screen, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

3. Select Quit.

If it still doesn't work, try clearing your console's cache;

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  5. Jordan Morris2 Win User

Hogwarts Legacy not compatible.

I’m aware that it is compatible. If I would download it even though it says I can’t play it on my device, would it work?(keep in mind on series s)
  6. MonkeyGamr Win User

Error Code 8015000A

Also, I’m having the same issue playing my 360 games on my Series S, my Xbox Live account won’t download onto any 360 game on my Series S.
Thema:

1. Series S keeps saying I’m playing the same game after I close it - Similar Threads - Series keeps saying

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal so I don’t...: I’m trying to connect my Xbox series x to my tv but it keeps saying no signal hdmi1 0f0e687a-ffc0-46f9-9877-46c013bbac3a
  6. Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps saying You'll need the internet for this.: I been keep getting this from 2 days ago until now whenever i turn on my xbox and automatically connects to my account, it automatically disconnects it and whenever i try too sign in again gives...
  7. XBOX series S Games will not download and Keeps saying "Installation Stopped"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX series S Games will not download and Keeps saying "Installation Stopped": I need Help I have had an issue with my xbox series s for a week now Let me explain I searched online and searched posts on here i have tried The whole Check Wifi Connection, Uninstall and...
  8. I can't access my cloud gaming on my Xbox series x because it keeps saying it doesn't...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my cloud gaming on my Xbox series x because it keeps saying it doesn't...: Oh hi I can't access my cloud gaming on my Xbox series x because it keeps saying it doesn't support my region witch is the UK 8a526c96-b0e0-4ca3-abd1-38b31b9c4bc8
  9. Series S keeps saying I’m playing Persona 4 Arena despite not even on any other app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Series S keeps saying I’m playing Persona 4 Arena despite not even on any other app: The title really explains itself And to be Frank, it’s driving me up the wall. I’ve restarted my console, shut it down, unplugged it, pulled out the main wire and even pulled it out of the main...
  10. Discord keeps saying relink series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Discord keeps saying relink series x: So I was in a discord party literally yesterday. I've been using it consistently. Today I try to start it it says I need to relink my account. I have done this now on the app discord app and my...